Author Topic: Robert Morris  (Read 2752 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Morris
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2023, 08:50:03 PM »
Shared title isn't the same when you control the outcome.  Maybe CSU loses one in Wisconsin?

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2023, 08:54:22 PM »
Learn from this and go win the tourney! 

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2023, 09:00:37 PM »
Shame they had history in their hands.  I felt Coach needed to lite a fire and address the lack of an extra pass and  play to get guys open and some help defense or D In general.  They played like the gamblers had made them throw the game.  Just a flat performance at the wrong time of season.  I said this before we look tired and it shows. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2023, 09:01:06 PM »
Tourney is a long shot.  Very possible this team has already peaked. 

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2023, 09:04:28 PM »
What is second tie-breaker with Cleveland State?

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2023, 09:04:50 PM »
That was easily the worst performance of the year.  I understand you're going to lose games, but this one was hard to fathom when it was such an important game against a much lesser opponent.  Last year RMU beat YSU twice late in the year including the the  first round of the Horizon League tournament. 

YSU didn't do anything good tonight.  No defense and way too many turnovers were the major issues.  I really thought that the end of that first half was key.  YSU was up 6 and had a chance with the last possessions to go up 8 or 9 and that offensive foul gave RMU 2 points cutting it to 4 and took that momentum into the 2nd half. 

Cohill heated up early in the 2nd half, but YSU couldn't get stops and it was a runaway train from there.
 When Cohill and McBride both missed a pair of FTs that was a bad sign.  It was unbelievable how many shots RMU blocked. 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2023, 09:06:33 PM »
I will not be making the drive but already have my red on. To be honest this game scares me a bit, if we show up and play like we can, it will be a happy drive home.

I had reason to be scared, we did not play like we could and an unhappy drive home.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2023, 09:10:41 PM »
Shame they had history in their hands.  I felt Coach needed to lite a fire and address the lack of an extra pa$$ and  play to get guys open and some help defense or D In general.  They played like the gamblers had made them throw the game.  Just a flat performance at the wrong time of season.  I said this before we look tired and it shows.

Agree 100% with this.  I thought Coach would have taken some timeouts when he let the game play on.  YSU looked disinterested almost when things got tough and it got worse from there.  I still don't understand if Shemar is still feeling the effects from injury or whatnot.  It seems like ever since he got snowed in in Toronto early in the season and missed practice then the injury later on, he really hasn't gotten any meaningful mins for someone that was a starter. 

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2023, 09:45:44 PM »
God forbid we lose to IUPUI.  But that game is Saturday night so we go time to get well rested.