Author Topic: Detroit  (Read 2855 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Detroit
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2023, 09:23:55 AM »
Whatever got them there, some nice crowds over the weekend
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 08:51:25 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2023, 12:23:23 PM »
So it is or not actual paid attendance?  I'm confused.  Much bigger crowd on Friday yet the announced crowd sunday was bigger.   Doesn't make sense to me.  oh well the fans are back.  YSU basketball is back so lets fill the arena rest of the year.

IMO,

I suspect the numbers are related to tickets issued (purchased or distributed). This is just a SWAG on my part.
I recall in some home football game, there were less than 3000 butts in the seats with announced attendance of 12 k.

In the past, students could get in by just showing their ID cards ( I don’t think the numbers were counted). Therefore, it was possible that the number of people in the seats are higher with a smaller number of issued tickets (announced attendance), especially with some no shows.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 01:22:34 PM »
Attendance numbers are a mystery. Is it tickets sold, butts in seats, who knows? It was nice on Friday to get the crowd we did which took a lot of work by many to bring fans out, especially the students who actually stayed for the entire game. We had a great showing on national TV. Students complain about nothing to do at YSU on weekends, but don't take advantage of many of the games on campus. But Friday they were there.

Back to the games on Friday and Sunday. I think our team is better than any YSU men's basketball team I ever watched and I have gone to games since they played at South High School when my Dad took me to games. Really special players so we have a legitimate chance to win the conference tournament and get to the NCAA tournament for the first time ever. I recall the game when Mike Rice was the coach and I think it was Von Luten called timeout and negated John Keshock's game winning shot that would have sent us to the NCAA tournament. Unfortunately the next try was a miss and we lost.

I think Dwayne Cohill is the player most responsible for both wins this weekend. Whenever we are down and things are shaky, he takes control and gives us a few baskets to get our confidence up and we moved on to wins in both games. He gets things going good after some setbacks and the others get confidence and get back to producing. He plays his best when we are in trouble. He quits passing and takes control. Not sure the coach likes it, but it has worked most of the time. Hope all the guys keep it up and we at long last end up in the NCAA tourney.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2023, 09:25:16 PM »
I think Dwayne Cohill is the player most responsible for both wins this weekend. Whenever we are down and things are shaky, he takes control and gives us a few baskets to get our confidence up and we moved on to wins in both games. He gets things going good after some setbacks and the others get confidence and get back to producing. He plays his best when we are in trouble. He quits pa$$ing and takes control. Not sure the coach likes it, but it has worked most of the time. Hope all the guys keep it up and we at long last end up in the NCAA tourney.

Dwayne has single handedly taken over a few games in the 2nd half and it has worked out with his 3 point shooting and his drives.   Not sure I like the other guys not getting involved but when Dwayne is feeling it he's seems to become unstoppable.   
One thing I don't like is when something goes wrong he has yelled at his teamates and some of those turnovers are on him.   Needs to keep his composure because there will always be some adverse times in a game and your teamates are there to go to war with you.   Let the coaches do the yelling.