Author Topic: YSU- Ohio  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU- Ohio
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2022, 07:22:08 AM »
There was set to be a renovation to create a new baseline loge area and re do all the seating in the arena but that got put on hold for one reason or another...

It was unfortunate that YSU and the city could not find a way to locate the Chevrolet center (now Covelli Center) near the YSU campus where the MBB and WBB games could be played). If that had happened, we will not this discussion every year.

With current location of the Covelli Center, it is much more difficult for the students to attend the games. When I was still working at  YSU, I never would have driven to Covelli center for the games (plus paying for parking).
University of Pittsburgh has a solution. When I attended the YSU - Pitt football game at Heinz field which is located about 15 miles from campus. U of Pitt bused 10000 students to the game. I doubt very much YSU would bus students to Covelli Center. YSU even dropped the shutter bus between Wick parking deck and Stambaugh stadium during the game day. I would not keeps my hopes up.

However, I still believe that if we had a solid program, people would still come regardless regardless of the the Beeghly renovation status. I have attended so many YSU MBB games at various high school and it really didn’t bother me.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2022, 02:28:21 PM »
Why were the stands up on the one side all season?  Are they broken?  idk the reason behind that.

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2022, 04:10:05 PM »
I was thinking because of optics of how terrible it looks mostly empty. Also, wouldn’t be surprised if they were broken. They’re prehistoric.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2022, 04:11:30 PM »
Why were the stands up on the one side all season?  Are they broken?  idk the reason behind that.

I believe they knew that they didn’t need the capacity for the game. Putting everyone on one side would give the appearance of having more people on the stands since the tv cameras are operated from the opposite side only.

I have been to games where both sides were up.

That is just my opinion.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Remodel Beeghly
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2022, 04:38:04 PM »
It is time to remodel Beeghly this off season.   Start in April and finish in October.