Author Topic: Dan Rivers local media radio questions why we are in MVFC? His Facebook post.  (Read 7979 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I guess Strollo likes being mediocre and doesn’t care how not being in a football league that the fans can relate to.  He is a bean counter with no vision
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
One other thing of note, from the Rivers show today, that I hope I recall correctly, in regard to whether or not we get money from ESPN for game broadcast. Believe RS stated that one game this past year was watched by 40,000 folks. The money goes to the league and then a portion ends up back at the schools.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Bean counter for sure.  what is up with the stands again being up on the camera side?   seems like they are making that into a reception area where fans drink beer. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
RS is unbelievable with that comment. Absolutely absurd.

Lol could you guys come up with more and more attacks on your schools most vital employees if you have a half a dumb a$$ see now president and he’s the greatest thing since sliced grapes what the heck is wrong with you people Strollo is the only thing and I mean the only thing that keeps your school afloat. I will repeat the only thing that keeps your school afloat. He’s probably the greatest employee the university has had in the past 50+ years without any close second and that includes president , AD and Coach Jim Tressel. You people just think you can post things and people  won’t say anything to you when you were absolutely wrong in your comments and could not be more wrong and then there’s nothing in the back what you say you expressing opinion and you think it’s important what do we care about your opinion you don’t like the guy great good for you what do I care? I’m smart enough to know where the bread is buttered why aren’t you? Everything in the world is about money, so only successful people in the world can be being counters. I mean you see everything in the world. The man has try to do he’s blatantly obvious about it and you don’t even care I want to be in the Missouri valley football conference and no other conference none unless it’s replacing the Missouri valley conference I do not want to be in the Ohio valley conference. I don’t want to be in the goddamn MAC. I want a national championship trophy on my shelf and we are in by far the best conference we could possibly be in for that to happen. What could possibly possess you to want to be in any other conference what to relive some glory rivalry with Akron, which Jim Tressel destroyed years ago. There will be a national championship game with two teams from the Missouri valley football conference in it and you could even possibly think for a split second that you’d want to be in some different conference. I mean even a split second? You act like we wouldn’t even have any ability to be in another conference other than the Horisont league they all laugh at us. I mean any team that was ever in this conference. It was worth a piece of crap it’s gone. They’re all in the Missouri valley conference or better. That’s why we’re doing well. In the conference we’re not playing better we’re playing lesser competition I know it. Everyone knows it has come people who are supposed to be fans of the program don’t know it?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 09:21:20 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Without Tressel you don't have 4 Championships
Without Tressel you aren't in the MVFC
Without Tressel there's no WATTS
Without Tressel there's no Don Constantini Multimedia Center and additional Loges on the Westside of Stambaugh
Without Tressel Wick Ave and 5th Ave beautifications don't exist
Without Tressel there's no Center for Innovation in Additive Manufacturing
Without Tressel there's no Watson Team Building for the Engineering School
Without Tressel there's no Jim and Melissa Dibacco Family Leadership Center
Without Tressel you don't have Cafaro Family Field
Without Tressel it's hard to fathom where the university would be academically and financially without his return. 
Without Tressel the Youngstown Foundation wouldn't be where they are today

I don't know Strollo and you have every right to defend him and his accomplishments. However, it's pretty clear who the most important employee at YSU has been in the last 50 years.  Love or hate the guy he is a winner.

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
Without Tressel there's no Don Constantini Multimedia Center and additional Loges on the Westside of Stambaugh
Without Tressel it's hard to fathom where the university would be academically and financially without his return. 

I don't know Strollo and you have every right to defend him and his accomplishments. However, it's pretty clear who the most important employee at YSU has been in the last 50 years.  Love or hate the guy he is a winner.

Yea it’s pretty hard to argue with what Tressel has done for this university. Especially since his return as president. Defend Strollo all you want but you’re reaching a bit to say he’s been more important than Tressel lol

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Being in the SEC OF FBS has destroyed the football program.  Fans don’t care Media doesn’t care etc.  Just because we are in this conference doesn’t give us Any advantage to the playoffs show the proof after how many years almost 25.  Whoopee we are a member congratulations on your 2 playoff appearances in 25 years let’s hoist a flag up and have a ceremony and hand it to Strollo for a great job well done.  He has been an epic fail and since he is one of the faces of the University he as a public employee is not except from criticism. I guess as an average fan YSU doesn’t care as long as the loges are full.  Do you think the Bison AD would get a leash this long .  This site is proof enough that nobody cares we lost so many posters. 

A Penguin for life!!!

Offline JCC

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
RS is unbelievable with that comment. Absolutely absurd.

Lol could you guys come up with more and more attacks on your schools most vital employees if you have a half a dumb a$$ see now president and he’s the greatest thing since sliced grapes what the heck is wrong with you people Strollo is the only thing and I mean the only thing that keeps your school afloat. I will repeat the only thing that keeps your school afloat. He’s probably the greatest employee the university has had in the past 50+ years without any close second and that includes president , AD and Coach Jim Tressel. You people just think you can post things and people  won’t say anything to you when you were absolutely wrong in your comments and could not be more wrong and then there’s nothing in the back what you say you expressing opinion and you think it’s important what do we care about your opinion you don’t like the guy great good for you what do I care? I’m smart enough to know where the bread is buttered why aren’t you? Everything in the world is about money, so only successful people in the world can be being counters. I mean you see everything in the world. The man has try to do he’s blatantly obvious about it and you don’t even care I want to be in the Missouri valley football conference and no other conference none unless it’s replacing the Missouri valley conference I do not want to be in the Ohio valley conference. I don’t want to be in the goddamn MAC. I want a national championship trophy on my shelf and we are in by far the best conference we could possibly be in for that to happen. What could possibly possess you to want to be in any other conference what to relive some glory rivalry with Akron, which Jim Tressel destroyed years ago. There will be a national championship game with two teams from the Missouri valley football conference in it and you could even possibly think for a split second that you’d want to be in some different conference. I mean even a split second? You act like we wouldn’t even have any ability to be in another conference other than the Horisont league they all laugh at us. I mean any team that was ever in this conference. It was worth a piece of crap it’s gone. They’re all in the Missouri valley conference or better. That’s why we’re doing well. In the conference we’re not playing better we’re playing lesser competition I know it. Everyone knows it has come people who are supposed to be fans of the program don’t know it?

What is your level of education?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
The great thing about opinions is that we are all entitled to one. Does not make this person correct or that person wrong.

Sure the MVC is the best but that does not mean I feel the need to be there, I simply have little to no interest in most of the schools. I have no interest in watching even a minute of the title game.

We have made the play-offs without being in the MVC.

BushwoodCC

I am seeing a lot of opinions and emotion in this thread.... What I would like to see from those of you who want YSU to leave the MVFC is your well thought-out plan for YSU to go elsewhere.

1. Name the conference

2. The justification of why we should go to that conference

3. The justification as to why that conference would accept YSU

4. How we could financially afford such a move

It is easy to say we need to get out of the MVFC, but I think those who feel that way will have a more challenging time putting the complete package together for us to leave. The onus is on you, but perhaps I will be proven wrong? Let's hear it!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I am seeing a lot of opinions and emotion in this thread.... What I would like to see from those of you who want YSU to leave the MVFC is your well thought-out plan for YSU to go elsewhere.

1. Name the conference

2. The justification of why we should go to that conference

3. The justification as to why that conference would accept YSU

4. How we could financially afford such a move

It is easy to say we need to get out of the MVFC, but I think those who feel that way will have a more challenging time putting the complete package together for us to leave. The onus is on you, but perhaps I will be proven wrong? Let's hear it!

This is easy, conference dos not exist yet, schools we can relate to, no idea what the cost would be since it would be new.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
The great thing about opinions is that we are all entitled to one. Does not make this person correct or that person wrong.

Sure the MVC is the best but that does not mean I feel the need to be there, I simply have little to no interest in most of the schools. I have no interest in watching even a minute of the title game.

We have made the play-offs without being in the MVC.
Yes, in the NCAA had to actually pass a law they call the Tressel law to add strength of schedule. How embarrassing was thst?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com

Yea it’s pretty hard to argue with what Tressel has done for this university. Especially since his return as president. Defend Strollo all you want but you’re reaching a bit to say he’s been more important than Tressel lol
You can insert Ron Strollos name in place of Tressel and just about every single thing you put on your list I mean every single one. Not to mention all of the buildings on campus that weren’t there 15 years ago 20 years ago 30 years ago all of which she’s responsible for I mean why are you saying they’re trying to argue between two great employee benefactors of the University, but don’t discredit one to give more credit to the other. And then can you people not see the campus is twice as big as it used to be because of athletics and athletic expenditures?

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
So it was just a coincidence all of these things were built while Tressel was the President?  The facilities across from Stambaugh on 5th Ave were a master plan which was part of Campus 2000 back in the 90s.  I'm sure Strollo was responsible for the financing and bonds to build many of the olympic sport facilities.  However, I find it amazing that after 15 years on the job Strollo got major donors to step up all of a sudden from 2015 until now.           
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 02:35:53 PM by goodnews »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
So basically the excuse is where and how? I have posted a previous thread on schools that are trying to find a where and how?  One of the AD’s said yes it’s a bold plan to move up.  But you need to think bold to get it done.
I have said maybe we need to create our own conference. Yes it would take time. But wtf.  We wasted 25years in a league that is a great fit geographically and for recruiting.  Wolford said this time after time.  Instead of playing 2 bs teams a year play an extra money game.  Or let’s be a bigger fish in a different conference. Instead of being the Vanderbilt or Missouri of our conference.  We will never get past North Dakota 0r the other Dakota.  At least not consistently.  You guys all keep making fun of The MAC but I don’t see them wanting to drop down to play in the SEC of FCS they know it’s a losing proposition exposure and money wise.
A Penguin for life!!!