Author Topic: Men's basketball  (Read 3497 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's basketball
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2022, 09:40:32 PM »
Now we have to go to Wright state who is most likely going to rebound from loss to RMU.   Scary. We just as a program struggle to beat Wright St.    Possibly another loss leaving us 0-2 to start league play

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2022, 09:41:01 PM »
Bad coaching and bad decision by Covington for not calling a TO on the in bound turn over at the end of the regular time. At first, I thought they didn’t have any TO left. They actually had 3 left.
I believe that cost us the game.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2022, 09:41:40 PM »
Not good League start.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2022, 09:42:46 PM »
Not calling a TO didn't cost us the game.  Defense did us in.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2022, 09:04:31 AM »
Disappointing loss.  To put that much effort in and give the gave away late is tough.  NKU made big shots every time it looked like YSU was starting to get in control.  For whatever reason, YSU cannot beat NKU; that's 10 losses in the last 11.  24 turnovers is ridiculous.  That's one thing this team really needs to cut down on and you'd think with an older and experienced team, this wouldn't be an issue.

And I understand holding for the last shot, but it just seems like YSU continually lets too much time go off the clock before they even consider getting in their offense.  As much as I love DC, it just feels like time and time again when he has the ball for the last shot nothing good has come from it. 

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2022, 09:46:26 AM »
Watched the game on tv, was surprised at how at times they played out of control.  Was shocked at their shot selection at the end of regulation and in overtime, each time they had a lot of time on the clock and chugged up horrible shots.  They had this game won and blew it.  Extremely disappointed.   

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2022, 11:57:49 PM »
Ironically, our women found themselves in the exact same situation in the last thirty seconds on the same floor this evening. With the game tied, the play that Barnes drew up did not work. So when it was obvious that things had gone wrong, one of our players did something remarkable.  She actually called timeout with three seconds left on the shot clock instead of firing a wild shot. Imagine that. Using a timeout to escape a jam.  Barnes drew up a new play, we got the ball into Ritz, and she scored what would be the winning basket.

I don't know how Calhoun can face his players after his coaching blunders on Thursday.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2022, 11:07:34 AM »
Ironically, our women found themselves in the exact same situation in the last thirty seconds on the same floor this evening. With the game tied, the play that Barnes drew up did not work. So when it was obvious that things had gone wrong, one of our players did something remarkable.  She actually called timeout with three seconds left on the shot clock instead of firing a wild shot. Imagine that. Using a timeout to escape a jam.  Barnes drew up a new play, we got the ball into Ritz, and she scored what would be the winning basket.

I don't know how Calhoun can face his players after his coaching blunders on Thursday.

That was a big game for the women, they were down 7 when I turned it on. They got it done!

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne