Author Topic: SIU Week  (Read 5420 times)

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
Re: SIU Week
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2022, 03:17:00 PM »
What a win. 7-4
5-3 in the valley

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2022, 03:19:42 PM »
Why does this team wait until the last 5 minutes of the fourth quarter to play winning football?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2022, 03:20:34 PM »
Didn't the tressel teams win in the 4th quarter too?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2022, 03:44:57 PM »
I told everyone we are getting better.  The proof is now in the record. As I stated before, after the Kentucky game everyone set expectations way too high. And as I said before.  Nobody wants to play us.  We are a 4th quarter team because we have superior strength and conditioning.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2022, 04:30:37 PM »
I told everyone we are getting better.  The proof is now in the record. As I stated before, after the Kentucky game everyone set expectations way too high. And as I said before.  Nobody wants to play us.  We are a 4th quarter team because we have superior strength and conditioning.

I’m on YOUR team PPower!!!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2022, 04:49:34 PM »
Power, I think I've said it before but I will say it again, I do think DP deserves another year. Hopefully he has another good recruiting class and off-season with strength and conditioning.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2022, 04:57:01 PM »
Well that was pretty sweet!

Where the heck were the fans? Weather was not bad, more should have been there to support the team and enjoy the win.

A couple of blown coverages on D that hurt us but after the 1st qtr the D played pretty well. The turnovers did not hurt either.

The O came out flat but responded when it counted. Bothers me that we had to waste the last TO but glad it did not cost us. Not happy with the play calling on those two 3rd qtr drives.

Speaking of play calling how about SIU and that 4th and 1 from around their own 30? Then calling a pass play from their own 2 that helped us by stopping the clock without us burning a TO.

Sure wish that we would not play the music so loud, just makes it so hard to talk to the person next to you.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2022, 05:10:27 PM »
Well that was pretty sweet!

Where the heck were the fans? Weather was not bad, more should have been there to support the team and enjoy the win.

A couple of blown coverages on D that hurt us but after the 1st qtr the D played pretty well. The turnovers did not hurt either.

The O came out flat but responded when it counted. Bothers me that we had to waste the last TO but glad it did not cost us. Not happy with the play calling on those two 3rd qtr drives.

Speaking of play calling how about SIU and that 4th and 1 from around their own 30? Then calling a pa$$ play from their own 2 that helped us by stopping the clock without us burning a TO.

Sure wish that we would not play the music so loud, just makes it so hard to talk to the person next to you.

The stands weren't full years ago when we were playing for a national championship. What makes you think people wanna come out and watch this?

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2022, 05:31:02 PM »
All due respect but I wish we would all stop asking where the fans are.  They left with Tressel, who also isn’t coming back.  At least not until we start winning like we did while he was here. Had several people say today, “you think if we won last week there would be more people here with Playoffs on the line?”  My answer…NO!!!  It is what it is.  Those of us who were there saw a darn good group of kids who didn’t quit.  And then won.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2022, 05:42:00 PM »
I was not expecting the stands to be full today. I have been going to games since Jaws was the qb and most years there were plenty of empty seats. I understand the larger crowds in the 90's. I understand the population loss in the area. I get it.

I simply thought that there should have been more fans there today.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2022, 05:42:05 PM »
I left in 4th quarter after they scored and was up 21-7.     i wish i would have stayed