Author Topic: Mo St game thread  (Read 8251 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Mo St game thread
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2022, 07:30:45 PM »
Again, losing to a 3-6 team is a CHOKE JOB!  You apologists need to stop making excuses for this underachieving program.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 07:31:28 PM by goodnews »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2022, 07:57:57 PM »
Had a surprise visit from the grand kids so I missed most of the game. But from what I was able to listen to it sure was not one of our better games.

Have not had the barrage of calls for firing folks the past couple of weeks, (which was nice) but understand why they are back. Actually, they do not bother me as it tells me fans are interested enough to care.

How we play next week will tell me a lot.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2022, 08:13:20 PM »
Again, losing to a 3-6 team is a CHOKE JOB!  You apologists need to stop making excuses for this underachieving program.

Wrong

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2022, 08:30:35 PM »
To be honest that last offensive series the wheels came off from the play calls to Davidson not making the correct decisions with the ball and we were not prepared for that situation. That falls on the HC.  We probably needed to call timeout before we messed up.  I would have loved to hear the conversation between the coaches on those play sequences.  We panicked and werent prepared.  But Davidson looked like a nervous nelly back there.  If we could have hit the middle it was open for the pass there it looked like we were looking to the sidelines and outside the hash.  But those last 3 play calls were plain stupid. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2022, 08:30:45 PM »
Choke!!  Plain and simple. Terrible play calling. 2 and 5 from inside their 15 and again we try stupid fade throws that were weak and terrible instead of running it 3 TIMES!! Terrible. Had to get rid of entire offensive visching staff.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2022, 08:32:32 PM »
Choke!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2022, 08:45:59 PM »
We should all temper our expectations.  Without a couple freak plays we are 4-6.  Take away two home wins against Duquesne and Dayton and the easiest MVFC schedule and we have another losing season.   

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2022, 08:54:49 PM »
The Mickey Mouse coaches we have let the players down today.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2022, 08:58:26 PM »
I agree the schedule was favorable and if we took care of business we could have made the playoffs.  But after what I saw the second half of he game was a defense that gave up another third and long and gave up to many plays to keep Miss St in the game.  What was Davidson today like 12 out of 30.  It’s just a shame how we wasted # 8 this year.  I blame Coach Phillips for this one.  I never saw such a horrible set of play calls and disorganized chaos at the end of that game.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSU98

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2022, 09:18:15 PM »
Coaches are absolutely terrible, #8 is the only reason they’ve had a job to this point. The offensive coordinator is a joke. We need to clean house

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2022, 09:37:04 PM »
The entire coaching staff is over chaired.  The Head Coach has no coordinator experience and coordinators with assistant coaching experience at the likes of Findlay, Notre Dame (Ohio), Ohio Northern.  Most were glorified D1 graduate assistants with no prior experience. 

Offline hof222

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2022, 10:12:58 AM »
if the db  intercepts that  pass late in the game we would not be having these comments

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2022, 10:22:18 AM »
if the db  intercepts that  pa$$ late in the game we would not be having these comments
As I have posted before, if #8 intercepted the ball, we would have gone to playoff and Wofford might still be there.
The Pelini era might never have happened.

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2022, 12:00:30 PM »
I can’t help but think (and I’m sure most others realize this too) but McGlaughlin has been 80% of our offense this year. How bad are we going to be next year when he’s not there to bail us out. Yikes

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2022, 12:38:20 PM »
The bottom line is these are learning experiences for this relatively young team, but you have to ask when does the learning end and experience translates into closing out games and ultimately gaining wins!