Author Topic: Bracket prediction by Hero Sports  (Read 1648 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
A Penguin for life!!!

BushwoodCC

Re: Bracket prediction by Hero Sports
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 07:17:20 PM »
Win out and we are sitting pretty. Lose one and we are likely out with how big the bubble is this season and also based upon the fact we are still not ranked with just 2 games left.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 07:57:54 AM »
At the very least, it is nice to be in the conversation at this point of the year. Go Guins!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 02:01:25 PM »
All of the "experts" that make these brackets are projecting us to lose this week or next.  These same experts are telling you how weak the MVFC is this season, ignoring the fact that the MVFC is still the top-rated FCS conference (although the usual large margin of superiority is gone.) I agree that we get pushed aside at 7-4.  8-3 (6-2 in league) is the suddenly attainable goal.  Who would have thought that in August?

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 06:10:09 PM »
The FCS is very watered down and you can tell by the rankings.  I would be willing to bet YSU could be nearly half of the projected 24 team field. 

BushwoodCC

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 06:51:35 PM »
The FCS is very watered down and you can tell by the rankings.  I would be willing to bet YSU could be nearly half of the projected 24 team field.
Our worst conference loss this year (by point total) was at NDSU by 13. Would be curious how many of these ranked teams ahead of us could keep it within 24 at the Fargo Dome. We've already seen most of the teams from other conferences go into that dome in the playoffs and get beat up, sans JMU.

I am sure there some some folks from other conferences that are sick of the MVFC dominance and would like nothing more but to keep the Valley at 3 teams this year.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 11:08:47 PM »

Agreed