Author Topic: Win out We are in!!! YSU controls its fate for playoff push!  (Read 1674 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Win out We are in!!! YSU controls its fate for playoff push!
« on: November 06, 2022, 03:09:50 PM »
People are taking names and noticing us.  But also was said this seemed like a off year in our conference for playoff teams

https://theanalyst.com/na/2022/11/fcs-football-review-week-10-takeaways-2/
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Win out We are in!!! YSU controls its fate for playoff push!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 04:11:04 PM »
Saint Francis - Really
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 04:53:14 PM »
That’s why I struggle with how FCS is put together. They can get an auto bid and I guess they spend half the money and have a High school stadium.  Makes no sense
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 04:54:46 PM »
Saint Francis - Really

That being said, they looked really tough in the two games of theirs I have watched this year... I watched that entire Akron game and SFU was the better team... sad they couldn't pull it out.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 08:52:23 PM »
That’s why I struggle with how FCS is put together. They can get an auto bid and I guess they spend half the money and have a High school stadium.  Makes no sense

I could be wrong but once upon a time some of these leagues did not get an auto bid, correct? Only when the field was expanded. I guess it is smart of some of these teams/leagues to spend so little but still have the excitement of making the play-offs. But the reality is that they have very little chance of winning it all.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 08:55:15 PM »
Saint Francis - Really

That being said, they looked really tough in the two games of theirs I have watched this year... I watched that entire Akron game and SFU was the better team... sad they couldn't pull it out.

Well there is a real good reason to not like them, hard to feel good about anyone that could lose to the zits! Just kidding glad that got a payday and gave them a good game.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 10:37:39 PM »

I could be wrong but once upon a time some of these leagues did not get an auto bid, correct? Only when the field was expanded. I guess it is smart of some of these teams/leagues to spend so little but still have the excitement of making the play-offs. But the reality is that they have very little chance of winning it all.

According to the NCAA bylaws for FCS, the number of auto bids can never exceed the number of at-large bids. So when the NCAA granted auto bids to teams from the Pioneer League and the NEC, they also increased the number of at-large spots.  That is the main reason the tournament has now grown to 24.  So having these teams from the weak conferences participate is actually good for us and other members of the power conferences. The MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky almost always gobble up the extra bids.