Author Topic: NDSU Week  (Read 5380 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
NDSU Week
« on: September 26, 2022, 10:21:37 AM »
Well, another tough out opponent for the guins. Second one in a row, albeit with a week off in between! Should be an interesting matchup as we have been incredibly strong against the run and the Bison will no doubt look to impose their will in the ground game.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NDSU Week
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 11:38:19 AM »
And unfortunately, they will.  Our defense will tire out again due to inept offense and playcalling!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 12:32:09 PM »
I am never one to say run the QB. But I think we have to because our QB is an inconsistent passer, is big and can run.  We need to involve him in the run game to create conflicts to free up Jaleel.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 12:52:27 PM »
Nothing causes the NDSU defense any real trouble.  Over the years the one thing that has been a minor inconvenience for them is a running quarterback. It would be insanity to force Crenshaw to pass from a small or nonexistent pocket.  To stay in this game we must get the ball into the hands of our skilled athletes with some space to operate.  Does anybody think that our offensive coaches can come up with such a plan? I certainly don't.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 01:42:54 PM »
do they have a quarterback who can pass on the team

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 01:47:38 PM »
Nothing causes the NDSU defense any real trouble.  Over the years the one thing that has been a minor inconvenience for them is a running quarterback. It would be insanity to force Crenshaw to pa$$ from a small or nonexistent pocket.  To stay in this game we must get the ball into the hands of our skilled athletes with some space to operate.  Does anybody think that our offensive coaches can come up with such a plan? I certainly don't.

I'm on the same page.  But if you know your passing game is a sh!t show and all you can do is run, it's really our only option.  Now that I've stated that, he will probably pass for 500 yards.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 03:39:57 PM »
If we can’t pretend to pass, we will be able to run. I don’t care what he does, but, at least throw short passes to the running backs, Tight ends or number 0.
Learn from the Kentucky game. If all fails, put in Mitch and let him throw a few times, then hand it off to #8 and #1.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 04:35:27 PM »
To have any chance we need to throw the ball to at least an average level. Without that I think we are doomed. Also we need to get our athletes in space, not in the clogged up middle. Our athletes are faster and with more moves than theirs  and we need to take advantage of our strength. But it is not easy if we have no passing game. I think our defense has a good chance against them, but the O worries me. And we need some imagination on offense that sure has not been there to help. If Crenshaw can't do anything, give MD a chance.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 09:11:41 PM »
I fully agree with everyone's comments.   We need to pass the ball to have any kind of chance.  Crenshaw is not the answer long term.  We need a QB transfer in the upcoming class.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 09:12:35 PM »
One with a Passing pedigree and from a major university

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 11:50:20 PM »
hey guys! welcome back to Fargooooooooooooooooo  its Homecoming week, should be an electric crowd and plenty of tailgating beforehand!

NDSU's 4th quarter of Arizona and 1st half of South Dakota was embarassing, the OC was just plain stupid and we uncharacteristically turned ball over and didnt' tackle.

I would hope we learned a lesson, but NDSU is missing 1 All American DT and our All American DE had 0 stats last game so who knows.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2022, 10:10:38 AM »
hey guys! welcome back to Fargooooooooooooooooo  its Homecoming week, should be an electric crowd and plenty of tailgating beforehand!

NDSU's 4th quarter of Arizona and 1st half of South Dakota was embara$$ing, the OC was just plain stupid and we uncharacteristically turned ball over and didnt' tackle.

I would hope we learned a lesson, but NDSU is missing 1 All American DT and our All American DE had 0 stats last game so who knows.

Lakes, our two teams have that in common this year. I would still take your OC over ours. At least yours only had bad quarters of football in play calling... ours has had bad games going over the past two years now.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2022, 05:37:36 PM »
Coach said earlier this week how proud he is to coach these kids and they will battle hard.  Not sure why hr felt to say that unless he know how this will play out.  I think we all know how it will end.  He hasn’t had a signature win yet.  With that offensive coordinator not sure he will get one. 

Qb’s on roster:  Crenshaw, Davidson,  Blanc,  Brungard.

Not a strong group.  Is Brungard a D1 Qb? 

Who is ultimately responsible for the recruiting on Qb’s at YSU?
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2022, 09:10:02 PM »
I hate to say this but there is a distinct possibility that NDSU blows the doors off the Fargo Dome on Saturday.  They may pin their ears back and bring constant pressure from their front 7.  If so, it will be LOOOONG day for the road team.  The turnover margin will be something to watch. 

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2022, 09:31:11 PM »
To be fair to DP's comments about the fight the kids have, I did see that in the Kentucky game. The defense never gave up. The offense, well they didn't play the cleanest game, but they certainly tried... the playcalling left them with no option to do better though.