Author Topic: Kentucky Game!  (Read 13638 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Kentucky Game!
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2022, 04:55:47 PM »
Good thing that you corrected that, Power.  You had me worried about you for a second. 8)

I could not watch the game.  From the comments I am a$$uming that the coaches again forced Crenshaw to act like a traditional pa$$er which he is not and can never be.  He can be valuable as a running qb who might become proficient with play-action pa$$es.  Expecting him to be anything else is unfair to him and to us. Why the offensive coaches can not see what we all understand is incomprehensible to me.

Before we become too depressed, take some consolation in the old football adage: run the ball and stop the run. NDSU is going to annihilate us.  After that there is no reason that we cannot compete with the remaining seven opponents on our schedule.

We didn't convert a single 3rd down or 4th down.  The defense played a stellar game.  You couldn't ask them for anything more.  Had they not been on the field the entire game, and we at least flipped field position a few times the score would have been much closer. I feel good about how the defense played.  They have a lot to build on.  It was very good defensive performance.  The score was a result of bad offense and mistakes on special teams and offense that forced them on the field.  Maybe we could have tightened up the coverage in the secondary, but our linebackers and DL held their own. The corners got exposed a little.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2022, 05:01:03 PM »
Our defense showed us that they can keep us in games.  But we have to be able to something on offense and eliminate the mistakes on offense and special teams.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2022, 05:54:43 PM »
YO SHOW its mainly Stambaugh Stadium main side.   it needs remodeled somewhat.  Restrooms are so dimly lit.
Plus it seems like this seating in general needs to be general seats.  Just my thoughts

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2022, 05:56:32 PM »
Beeghly needs a remodel main court seating so 1980's.  Bleachers

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2022, 06:14:40 PM »
Pride, ok since we are talking Beeghly, and possible update on the main side of the stadium for football, I agree.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2022, 08:01:28 PM »
I thought our Defense played as well as they could. Our zone defense is lacking with too many holes for receivers, but the man defense is good in my opinion. Both would be helped with a better pass rush, but against a number 9 FBS team, you really can't expect that. Our D will be ok in my opinion, but they need help from the Offense, as does our team in general.

The Offense is lacking any passing threat. Unfortunately against a 9th ranked FBS team you can't expect our O line to give the QB lots of time. BUT our QB really stares down his primary receiver and is not all that accurate. If he is not going to be a part of our run game, Mitch Davidson would be a much better option in my opinion. Almost reminds me of the year that Hunter Wells was a forgotten QB, was inserted and we went to the NC game! Not saying that is in the cards this year, but in my opinion MD deserves a chance. And we lack a power back for short yardage situations like 1st and goal at the 2 yard line. No doubt we should have tried to run the ball on 1st down and forget the fade route in the end zone that seems to be our only pass play in close. Every team knows that by now. Reminds me of when Bill Narduzzi was the coach and he had his favorite play, a quick kick on 3rd down.

In summary our defense is good enough for us to win more games than we lose, but the offense needs to get going soon or we will lose quite a few games.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2022, 04:36:57 PM »
In other MVFC VS FBS games NDSU lost to Arizona, which is typically not a great program. Could be a sign that NDSU isn’t quite as elite as they typically are… but that might just be wishful thinking.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2022, 04:58:04 PM »
I watched the game.  It is wishful thinking!

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2022, 07:06:37 PM »
I watched the game.  It is wishful thinking!

I did too, that fullback looks like a handful. I was just thinking in a typical year the Bison should beat a bad FBS team by 1-2 scores. But maybe Arizona is good