Author Topic: Prayers for Bob Hannon  (Read 2869 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for Bob Hannon
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 05:59:06 PM »
He doesn't look very good but we're happy he will be in the booth this fall.  Say some prayers for a healthy recovery.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 06:58:26 PM »
Will be keeping him in my prayers. Very sorry to hear.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 10:04:06 AM »
I had Diverticulitis, spent 10 days in the hospital, had fourteen pounds taken out of me.  Listen to your doctors and nurses.  You'll be alright!  Prayers to you Bob, I enjoy your broadcasts our here in Colorado Springs!  Go Bob Hannon, Go Penguins!

Offline Northcoast Penguin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 11:36:29 AM »
My wife also had Diverticulitis during the Covid era.  She was admitted to the ER with stomach pains only to be treated a urinary tract infection and then sent home to make room for Covid patients.  Two week later she was rushed again to the ER, diagnosed with Diverticulitis, spent 2 weeks in the hospital and lost 38 pounds.  No surgery was needed but it a scary moment for the both of us.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 02:13:15 PM »
I certainly hope she is well and doing better now!  Diverticulitis is no joke! I was told by the surgeon had three days left!  Don't know how true that was, but certainly caught my attention.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 07:31:33 AM »
Did Bob Hannon announce the game yesterday?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2022, 09:47:24 AM »
Yes I heard him on the radio when we went to get food at halftime from the concession stand

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2022, 09:49:48 AM »
Yes. You can listen to him on 570 WKBN on iHeartRadio .  Because I live 800 miles away, I lhave to watch via ESPN+.  Because the TV announcer's are very, very ,very very bad, I get the game feed on ESPN+ mute it, and then pause it until the iHeartRadio feed meets up with the ESPN+ feed.  That way I can watch the games with Hannon as the Play -by-play.  I don't think there's a possibility I could sit through the TV commentators for the entire game without eyeing the guns in my safe. 

Hannon is far, far better and he actually makes the game exciting and interesting to listen to.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2022, 08:47:45 PM »
I agree the 2 announcers are like dry and have no enthusiasm.  One is Chris Sammarone who was an offensive lineman back in the 1990's.   Piss poor announcers

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 09:53:01 PM »
Interesting, I think that Hannon does a great job, but I also enjoy listening to Chris he does a good job.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2022, 12:15:44 PM »
Hannon is the voice of the Penguins. Nothing else to say. Leslie is okay ... they have had better and worse side men. With Hannon and the level of knowledge for football fans in the Valley, you need a very knowledgeable side man.   I also like the TV announcers, it is just that you are used to Hannon and have a preference.  I watch the estire conference almost every week & more teams as well. Believe me, our coverage is much better than the average. There are a couple teams in the MVFC (aka Bison) that think they are ABC, but their product is week. Too much pomp and circumstances, and when they do mention oppositions, they are quite shallow & would be better off just leaving it alone. Also, anyone that has a play against their team is "the best in the nation and God forbid that a Bison just get outplayed or make a mistake.  I really appreciate Samarone's field vision and honesty. Good sports integrity.