Author Topic: YSU football starts Fall camp  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU football starts Fall camp
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2022, 03:12:21 PM »
I had very similar thoughts when I read the article.  "A bunch of nothing!". I wish I had those 2 minutes of my life back:).

It actually makes the coaches look stupid.  Just don't f***ing interview if you don't want to give information.  Better yet, provide the talking points you want to make.  Ensure that they are significant, relevant, contain the depth, breadth, precision and some accuracy to grab excitement from the fanbase.  This is just awful.

DP does a good job letting us know where he wants to go in terms of the talent and execution using coach speak.  This interview has some levels of retardation in it.

The new YSU beat writer is an outsider (nothing wrong about that) who seems to be basketball-oriented and displays little knowledge about football (that is the big problem.) He probably asks stupid, trite questions because he lacks the depth to probe any deeper.  I agree that this is tough to take and insulting.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2022, 03:44:40 PM »
DP learned well from JT in that regard. Boring interview.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2022, 04:44:03 PM »
I agree with Chief.  DP pulled a Tressel. Plus with the Vindy shutting down and the Trib basically buying the name do really expect quality here.  The news media has been in decline for over 20 years.  Hell I miss Jim Campbell and when Bob Hannon was FT.  Basically you are getting green people that couldn’t find a job in the major markets.  Maybe with a littld seasoning it will improve
A Penguin for life!!!