Author Topic: Women's BB news  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Women's BB news
« on: April 08, 2022, 08:04:10 PM »
We picked up a guard in the transfer portal. Played with Paige Shy in high school.  Hopefully can help fill the large gap left by graduation of Olson.

Also, IUPUI coach moved on to Butler. I expect that he will take the few remaining good players at IUPUI with him. On paper for next year, barring more disturbances in the transfer portal, Green Bay and YSU are the frontrunners.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Women's BB news
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 08:50:19 PM »
So far this offseason for the ladies:

Dena Jarrells, a 5-7 guard from Chattanooga. Averaged 10 points a game. As Wick mentioned, played with Paige.

Shay-Lee Kirby also transferring in from Austin Peay. 5-10 guard who was WV player of the year in high school. Played AAU with Paige.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 08:40:01 PM »
Add Emily Saunders, a 6-5 forward from Tennessee. Big transfer, literally lol. Played with Paige, Kirby and Dena all while in high school in WV.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 08:43:16 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 10:28:46 PM »
Excellent news. Building that pipeline to West Virginia seems like an excellent idea. 

Offline IronGuin14

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 08:47:11 AM »
this team will be special

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 09:50:00 AM »
Barnes likes to isolate the post and Lily Ritz was G-d send for the program this past season.  She's gone and now he plugs in a Tennessee transfer to take her place is pretty impressive.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 10:04:06 AM »
Barnes likes to isolate the post and Lily Ritz was G-d send for the program this past season.  She's gone and now he plugs in a Tennessee transfer to take her place is pretty impressive.
Unfortunately, I think she only has one year of eligibility left at YSU.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 12:47:20 PM »
Unfortunately, I think she only has one year of eligibility left at YSU.

Factoring in the Covid year, Ritz has one year of eligibility remaining.  The Tennessee girl played for three seasons. Unless she redshirted as a freshman, that would give her two years of eligibility remaining.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 01:25:17 PM »
Wick, I get confused with rosters since the covid extra year(s).   I thought Ritz was done and if she has another year that would be nice.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 01:46:32 PM »
Wick, I get confused with rosters since the covid extra year(s).   I thought Ritz was done and if she has another year that would be nice.

I thought Ritz’s year at YSU was her extra year. According to the YSU article, the Tennessee girl was supposed to replaced Ritz as our inside threat next season.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 05:41:30 PM »
Lilly is back next year. A front court of her and Saunders will be very tough. Excited for the upcoming season.