Author Topic: SPRING BALL  (Read 5938 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SPRING BALL
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2022, 05:39:34 PM »
Anyone have any info on the team during spring ball. Progression. Thoughts. Player personnel. Coaching. Disappointments. Injuries. Lineman.

I have no information.

Go Guins.

I also have nothing.  This is ridiculous.  If the outside media won't cover spring football, the university should provide regular reports on the athletic department web page and the athletic department youtube channel. Why do I get the impression that there are several dozen YSU business students who could market our programs as a freakin' class project better than the so called professionals that are on the university payroll.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2022, 06:24:19 PM »
Anyone have any info on the team during spring ball. Progression. Thoughts. Player personnel. Coaching. Disappointments. Injuries. Lineman.

I have no information.

Go Guins.

I also have nothing.  This is ridiculous.  If the outside media won't cover spring football, the university should provide regular reports on the athletic department web page and the athletic department youtube channel. Why do I get the impression that there are several dozen YSU business students who could market our programs as a freakin' cla$$ project better than the so called professionals that are on the university payroll.

Exactly.

If one wants to learn how NOT to promote the interests on the program and how NOT to generate the enthusiasm of the fans on the team., just learn that from the YSU athletic department.

You wonder why people don’t have interests in attending the Spring game. On this board last and this month, there were more discussions on our basketball program than our football program. This is supposed to be a football town. Weird!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2022, 07:11:27 PM »
This is an Athletic Department and program that continues to try and build on national titles from over 25 years ago.  Get over it already!

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2022, 03:09:49 PM »
basketball and football are your money makers.  you need to promote both.  time for a new AD

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2022, 10:32:08 AM »
Normally I would completely agree with this conversation, forgetting the past ... even spearhead it. However, with the team being new and not performing well, it IS the proper time to dig back into the past glories. Besides, how long do you think Strollo and Tressel, going to be around? Both are now what I would consider "Short-timers" (just as I am at 60-years of age). The average fan needs a reason to get up and/or stay out in the cold, on fall Saturdays. We have to associate coach Phillips as part of this winning mentality with the fans and the recruits.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2022, 02:28:40 PM »
https://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2021-22/releases/spring-game-preview

Looks like rosters are up and the game will be on 1390 with Bob Hannon.

Go Guins
THE DRIVE FOR 5