Author Topic: YSU vs IUPUI  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU vs IUPUI
« on: February 19, 2022, 05:33:46 PM »
YSU 74 IUPUI 61
Played against a team with only 6 players. YSU only led by 3 points with few minutes to go. They were finally able to pull it out.
Tough win.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs IUPUI
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 05:57:36 PM »
Can't take the foot off the gas pedal against anyone and we did today, it could have cost us. Credit that they finished strong.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 06:32:25 PM »
18 wins.  When was the last time we could say that ?

The big 3 of Akuchie,Cohill,and Olison led the way which it should be.   Credit IUPUI for playing with more intensity than we did.  Not sure but I thought they were getting most of the 50-50 balls.  Really like IUPUI 6-11 freshmen.  Love to have a guy like that in the middle.
Not sure about the last two games of the season.  I'd be happy with a split and would be ecstatic with a sweep.

Dwayne Cohill has taken his game to another level the second half of the season and if he's hitting his jumper then he'll be unstoppable going forward.
Will Dunn offense has been good but I think he would get more minutes if his defense and rebounding could improve.  He did have 3 blocks though.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 07:23:24 PM »

Will Dunn offense has been good but I think he would get more minutes if his defense and rebounding could improve.  He did have 3 blocks though.
[/quote]

It was interesting, in the second half, when we were leading by a slim margin, coach called a timeout.
Coming out of the timeout, in less than 5 seconds, Dunn took a 3 points shot from the top of the key and missed.
Coach took him right out. Some how, I didn’t  think that was the play coach had drawn up in the timeout. Lol

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 12:54:07 PM »
Didn't think YSU started the game very strong, IUPUI missed at least 3 layups or point blank shots, they probably should have been up 10-2.  Finally got rolling and closed out the first half very strong.  Up 17 and felt like the game was over, but you have to give IUPUI a lot of credit for just not giving up.  They definitely outplayed YSU in the 2nd half; they made good adjustments at half, were getting the 50-50 balls, and YSU just lacked intensity and had a lot of poor turnovers.  I was surprised during the 2nd half, IUPUI had some open looks and didn't shoot or didn't even look to score when they got offensive rebounds.  They were also not good for the FT line.  It's hard to believe they've been playing with just 6 players. 

Chicone really needs to work on his shooting for next year to take his game to the next level.  He's shooting just 50% from the line.  Combined Chicone, Agoro & Long are only shooting 47% from the FT, that's hard for me to believe.  The rest of the team is shooting 79.5% and that includes Jamir.

If YSU gets the 5 seed, they would be playing IUPUI again

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 02:13:03 PM »
So why did they only have 6 players?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile