Author Topic: Football Transfer Additions  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football Transfer Additions
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 02:59:30 PM »
Geez people, give these kids a chance!  North Dakota State is in a different universe then we are right now!  Don't compare our recruiting classes to them right now!  Let them grow and see what we have!  Be thankful we still have a football team the way the crowds and population have dwindled!  With that said I don't like losing to the Indiana States, Western Illinois and South and North Dakota's of the world!  If we would have won those games, the conversation would be a whole lot different as we would have 5-5 or 6-4 record!  Like indicated above, we have to win to get better players, but don't judge these kids on previous results!  It is not fair to them!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 05:33:48 PM »
Some are reacting like this list is comprehensive.  It only includes those who were able to enroll at YSU this spring. The entire recruiting class contains some players with good credentials.

Keep in mind that there is one additional recruiting season. After spring practice, players who feel trapped behind young talent on a depth chart often search for new homes. We would hope that our coaches have set aside a few scholarships for these guys.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 06:06:44 PM »
Absolutely! if not, they will search for greener pasters and more playing time!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2022, 06:46:22 PM »
Geez people, give these kids a chance!  North Dakota State is in a different universe then we are right now!  Don't compare our recruiting cla$$es to them right now!  Let them grow and see what we have!  Be thankful we still have a football team the way the crowds and population have dwindled!  With that said I don't like losing to the Indiana States, Western Illinois and South and North Dakota's of the world!  If we would have won those games, the conversation would be a whole lot different as we would have 5-5 or 6-4 record!  Like indicated above, we have to win to get better players, but don't judge these kids on previous results!  It is not fair to them!

I agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 03:33:13 PM »
You can thank Pelini for the bad recruiting years.  Phillips has a very nice class this year.  These are additions to the main class.  We will be a step change better next year.
Geez people, give these kids a chance!  North Dakota State is in a different universe then we are right now!  Don't compare our recruiting cla$$es to them right now!  Let them grow and see what we have!  Be thankful we still have a football team the way the crowds and population have dwindled!  With that said I don't like losing to the Indiana States, Western Illinois and South and North Dakota's of the world!  If we would have won those games, the conversation would be a whole lot different as we would have 5-5 or 6-4 record!  Like indicated above, we have to win to get better players, but don't judge these kids on previous results!  It is not fair to them!

I agree

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 03:34:03 PM »
Also you need years stacked on years to be competitive.  Phillips is doing this.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »
Saw a post of DP showing up at Kent Roosevelt BBall game to see Desmeal Leigh - 6' 7" Defensive End committed to YSU in the fall.  That is the stuff that opens up the doors.  DP is doing it right. We are not at the NDSU level - yet but I only see this going in the right direction. 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/16359009/Desmeal-Leigh

GO GUINS!
THE DRIVE FOR 5