Author Topic: YSU 64 RMU 60 mbb  (Read 2008 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU 64 RMU 60 mbb
« on: January 05, 2022, 09:06:50 PM »
They just toughed it out and out rebounded the Colonials 49 to 24.  Penguins had an atrocious 26 turn overs.

Need to pass the ball to the guys in the red jerseys not the white ones.    The win still counts in the W column.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU 64 RMU 60 mbb
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 09:57:51 PM »
Big edge in 3 pointers and rebounds but the turnovers kept it close. Bottom line is they got the job done.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 11:24:25 PM »
I swear there were segments of that game when it looked like two sixth grade teams were "attempting" to play basketball. Five road games with three wins, one loss, one Covid. Who would not have taken that result when we saw this unfair schedule? Now play well at home.  Eleven home games.  Just avoid any stupid losses to inferior teams in Youngstown.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 11:48:11 PM »
Agree with everything that's already been said.  Just all around weird game.  Earlier on, YSU should have been up 15 points or so but just couldn't get shots to fall and too many turnovers.  Even though YSU should be the superior team, you just knew they were going to come back. 

The second half started off totally opposite of the first as no one could miss from either team then it reverted back to the first half of sloppy basketball.  My fear was once Robert Morris took the lead, if they got hot and stretched the lead to a few possessions it might have been too much for YSU as frustrated as YSU was.

Give YSU credit for digging in.  I was really frustrated watching, I can't imagine playing when you can't get shots to fall and turn it over 26 times.  YSU making 8 more 3's and the crazy 25+ rebounding edge offset all of the turnovers & shooting under 34%.  If you had said those positives for YSU and they would hold RMU to 60 points you'd think they would have won by 20+.  How about 18 offensive rebounds for YSU and just 3 for RMU!?

It seemed like YSU couldn't get anything easy inside and nothing would fall.  Cohill and Olison missed so many shots driving to the lane.  Then there were several times Jamir had the ball and should have just went up with it, but kicked it out.  The multiple 3's by Shelton in the first half and Olison in the 2nd half were huge and changed the game both times.  Games likes these are the ones you really miss Garrett Covington. 

Agoro and Hunter continue to struggle.  Agoro just doesn't look comfortable, and he's just 5-12 from the FT line.  Both really impressed me last year at times.  Need to get more production out of them as well as Shemar, who has had a lot of inconsistent games this year.

But hey it's Horizon League basketball, many times they aren't pretty.  And who wouldn't take 3-1 after 5 scheduled road games with 11 of the final 17 at homes especially without Covington.