Author Topic: Horizon League MBB opens tonight  (Read 5913 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Horizon League MBB opens tonight
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 09:23:55 PM »
Penguins blew out WGB tonight 82-58. YSU got the FT and 3 ball going. When was the last time we won 2 road games in a row (especially in the same state)?

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2021, 10:17:10 PM »
Guys moved their feet well on D and crashed the boards.   Thought the good defense led to offense . Contributions from many so call it a team win instead of one guy carrying them.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2021, 09:29:02 AM »
Good win last night

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 02:47:28 PM »
Just got caught up watching the game.  Complete team win.  Played well on offense and defense.  Liked seeing Akuchie dominant in the paint in the first half- reminded me of Naz in years past.  Was disappointed again in the 3-point shooting in the first half, but turned the tables in the second half.  Looks like this YSU team is really good shooting FT.  Think they went 36-40 on this road swing. 

I was really disappointed when YSU was only up 32-30 late in the first half- felt like they played well enough to be up double digits just missed a lot of open looks.  Then YSU closed the half on an 8-1 run and opened the 2nd half on an 11-0 run, and that was all she wrote.  I've seen that happen a lot to YSU over the years so it was nice to see the roles reversed. 

Good to start to conference play with 2 wins on the road.  Central Michigan, Canisius, Westminister & WVU up next to close out non-conference play.   Would like to see YSU go 3-1; central Michigan and Canisius don't appear to be very good