Author Topic: UIW / SHSU  (Read 2415 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
UIW / SHSU
« on: December 05, 2021, 09:25:00 AM »
UIW made the second round, and gave reigning champ SHSU all it could handle before falling at the end of the game. Gives you alot of hope that we have a brighter future ahead than it seemed this year.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UIW / SHSU
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
They lost the game on a goal line QB run that was short of the goal line by inches

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 01:25:14 PM »
Watched several of the play-off games.  YSU is light years away from being at that level.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 03:15:20 PM »
Watched several of the play-off games.  YSU is light years away from being at that level.

Not seeing the light years away comment. A team that we beat lost to the #1 ranked team in the country, at their house and by only 7 points.

I see a lot more positive there then negative!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 11:31:14 PM »
We are light years away from competing with the MVFC teams that have huge, powerful lines. But the strength of the MVFC disguises the fact that the rest of FCS grows weaker by the year. Even as we were presently constituted this year, WHEN HEALTHY, we could have defeated the best teams in half of the conferences.

I will repeat something that I claimed previously.  In any given year in FCS football, the real top ten consists of the five best MVFC teams, James Madison and one other from the CAA (often Villanova,) Sam Houston and two teams from the Big Sky. No other teams have any serious chance of competing for the championship. And soon James Madison and Sam Houston are gone, leaving the MVFC even more dominant.

Of course this means nothing until we find a way to crash the top five in our conference.