Author Topic: DQ & Naz's debuts  (Read 3061 times)

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
DQ & Naz's debuts
« on: November 10, 2021, 09:23:28 AM »
Darius Quisenberry (Fordham) and Naz Bohannon (Clemson) made their debuts for their new schools.  DQ played 37 mins and scored 25 points thanks to making 6 3's in 12 attempts.  Was only 3-6 from the line.  His 3-PT % was certainly something he struggled with. Naz played over 20 mins and didn't score; had 3 rebounds.  Both schools won.

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: DQ & Naz's debuts
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 01:58:05 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I'm going to be curious all year to see how these two do.  YSU will miss them terribly.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 02:13:35 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I'm going to be curious all year to see how these two do.  YSU will miss them terribly.
"miss them terribly"  Boy is that an understatement!  We'd be hands down favorites in the Horizon for our first every NCAA birth!  That being said, nobody did anything wrong here, just the function of the new transfer rules is all.  We'll loos some we really didn't want to lose, but we'll get some we really appreciate as well.  Proof? Jaleel McLaughlin
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 02:52:57 PM »
I watched the Fordham game and thought that was the healthiest DQ lookled in a couple of years.  He had 20 points the first half and didn't play as well in the 2nd.  Interesting is that he played more off the ball than point.  Their new coach did well in the portal by also adding last seasons leading scorer form FIU.

Naz had 0 points against Presbyterian which might be the easiest opponent he faces this season.  I wish him well but Naz would be the focal point at YSU while just a reserve at Clemson.  Maybe that will change in time.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 10:32:42 AM »
Naz had 5 points and 7 rebound in a win vs Wofford.  Played 14 minutes which was about 7th on the team in time on the court.

DQ had 12 points in a loss on the road at Manhattan.  He was 5-8 from the field while hitting 2 of 4 from beyond the 3pt line.  Played a game high of 39 minutes.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 11:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I never expected DQ to finish his college career at YSU especially after how last year went, but it would have been nice to have Naz to do it.  I think he'd have been a real force.  YSU didn't miss him Saturday, but I'm sure there's going to be a lot of games this year his inside presence is going to be sorely missed.  Saturday's game against SEMO reminded me of those games when YSU controlled the glass, especially offensive, and won.