Author Topic: Western Illinois  (Read 34217 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Western Illinois
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2021, 06:07:31 AM »
Don’t you think Crenshaws throwing motion and footwork are an issue it took like he is throwing side arm and straight arming his throws.  You would of thought we could have worked that out by now

Yes.  This is a big problem.  His footwork is bad and he's always throwing off his back foot

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2021, 08:12:51 AM »
  Good points on who is coaching up Crenshaw, and why give up on Waid so quickly.  Listened to radio show lasst night, Bob Hannon asked Phillips if he considered going with Joe Craycraft in the 4th quarter, and Phillips said no.  How could you not at least consider making a change.

Offline 33Y0

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2021, 08:37:01 AM »
  Good points on who is coaching up Crenshaw, and why give up on Waid so quickly.  Listened to radio show la$$t night, Bob Hannon asked Phillips if he considered going with Joe Craycraft in the 4th quarter, and Phillips said no.  How could you not at least consider making a change.

Waid is lucky if he can throw it 20 yards downfield and Craycraft is lucky if he can hit a guy wide open. That's why.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2021, 10:25:34 AM »
33, what have you seen from Crenshaw to think he can?

Offline 33Y0

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2021, 11:05:30 AM »
33, what have you seen from Crenshaw to think he can?
Here's the way I look at this situation.. this is a rebuilding season, no way around it. We're not looking to make the playoffs this season. Craycraft is a senior and we know what we have with him... a guy who has an arm but has zero accuracy. Waid doesn't have an arm, there's no other way around it. We've seen that first hand. Crenshaw has played all of three games and is a freshman. Let the kid play and see what he has. We already know this season is a wash anyways, so it's better to give this kid time to develop and if at the end of the season he hasn't shown improvement, then you know going into next season what we do and don't have. If you sit the guy after three games, one of which was against Michigan State, what are you really doing to develop the kid? Let him take his lumps. This isn't Ohio State where you have two or three five star guys behind him. Be patient with him. I'm not saying he's the answer, but Craycraft isn't the future, and Waid... we've already been there, done that.

Penguinesallin

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2021, 11:41:55 AM »
Waid  is 16th on the list the kid can throw!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 11:43:13 AM by Penguinesallin »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2021, 04:51:46 PM »

his 4,000 rushing yards helped quite a bit too though lol

Penguinesallin

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2021, 04:58:24 PM »

his 4,000 rushing yards helped quite a bit too though lol

That’s called a Dual Threat QB

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2021, 06:06:37 PM »
It is just clear to me that Phillips is going the route of changing the team immediately and letting them struggle and eventually work into the system. Which is fine if you have 3-4 years to wait. Wolford tried it and he just never made it in time to keep his job. (although he handicapped himself with a lousy DC initially) Maybe I am just impatient and/or want a coach we cannot afford. Both of these are probably true to a degree.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2021, 09:43:23 PM »
These people cant possibly fill the shoes of Wolford in recruiting.  He had a very good OL and Hess at QB (inherited).  Athletes all over the field and a number of marque wins.  Had he been allowed to stay things would probably be different. 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2021, 10:50:36 AM »
It is just clear to me that Phillips is going the route of changing the team immediately and letting them struggle and eventually work into the system. Which is fine if you have 3-4 years to wait. Wolford tried it and he just never made it in time to keep his job. (although he handicapped himself with a lousy DC initially) Maybe I am just impatient and/or want a coach we cannot afford. Both of these are probably true to a degree.

I think that Wolford was a decent recruiter and agree that his DC was a big handicap.  No one wants to wait 2-4 years to be great team, maybe DP is the guy maybe he is not, it is a killer to wait years to find out.

I just cannot understand why money is always an issue at YSU and not at other schools in our league, do we fund differently? Would a second money game make the difference?

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2021, 12:59:24 PM »
I never said Crenshaw can’t be the answer.  But he is missing short and long and his throwing mechanics are bad.  I guess that’s why he wasn’t a 5 star recruit lol.  Teams are not going to let up.  Let’s get it fixed. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Penguinesallin

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2021, 02:22:40 PM »
Crenshaw wasn't being recruited as a QB. he didn't have any offers in 2019 and just YSU in 2020.  Athletic kid but need to be a  RB.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2021, 03:04:45 PM »
Crenshaw wasn't being recruited as a QB. he didn't have any offers in 2019 and just YSU in 2020.  Athletic kid but need to be a  RB.

Incorrect