Author Topic: MVFC Meat Grinder  (Read 7727 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MVFC Meat Grinder
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 07:58:12 PM »
Most MVFC games are not even started, but as a preliminary update some good and some bad news. Good news, YSU's loss to Michigan State is looking better now with Michigan State blowing out #24 Miami and improving to 3-0 for the season.

Bad news, WIU is playing EWU pretty hard. I am expecting that they are going to give us quite the game next Saturday.

EWU up 48-21 3 min to go in the FIRST half I hope that  they do not give us a game.

Make that 55-21 still in the first half.

ewu pulled some starters too soon, WIU making a game of it late
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2021, 11:00:13 PM »
Incarnate Word just beat Sunbelt member Texas State, outscoring them 42-34. Coupled with the MSU performance in Miami, our admitted deficiencies look less severe this evening.

How did Eastern Washington beat Washington?  They are the same old EWU team that we have come to know and love: sophisticated, prolific passing game and little defense.  They were leading WIU 62-28 in the third quarter and decided to take the rest of the game off.  Final was 62-56. I am glad that they did that. It will remove any chance we had of being overconfident next week.

I watched the first half of that game.  Western Illinois has the worst FCS pass defense that I have ever seen. If we can not demonstrate at least some signs of a down-field pass game next Saturday, it is hopeless.

Offline A Penguin-Husky

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 08:11:52 AM »
EWU did not beat Washington.  Montana did.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 12:23:43 PM »
EWU did not beat Washington.  Montana did.

Thanks, that explains it.