Author Topic: Michigan State GameDay Thread  (Read 13983 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan State GameDay Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2021, 07:49:34 AM »
Strollo and company hired a  HC who has zero coordinator experience at the D1 level yet is expected to turn this thing around .  Not to mention he has to compete with 6 MAC schools for recruits within OHIO.   No need to worry though we have Petersons 20 year old son as the recruiting coordinator.  I could go on and on but have lost my interest after 20 years. If u don't think there is a problem look no further than this forum where only 20 posts were  made today after playing Michigan State.

The reason nobody is on this board posting anymore is because everyone is sick and tired of the cynical remarks and negative comments.  I'm about to jump off myself.  Who wants to read comments after two games that DP is no good, the team is a joke, no talent, recruiting sucks, Strollo sucks, Tressel sucks, YSU sucks...Youngstown at its finest...whoaaa is me...what have you done for me lately, steel is coming back, wear a mask - don't wear a mask.

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2021, 08:31:22 AM »
Strollo and company hired a  HC who has zero coordinator experience at the D1 level yet is expected to turn this thing around .  Not to mention he has to compete with 6 MAC schools for recruits within OHIO.   No need to worry though we have Petersons 20 year old son as the recruiting coordinator.  I could go on and on but have lost my interest after 20 years. If u don't think there is a problem look no further than this forum where only 20 posts were  made today after playing Michigan State.

The reason nobody is on this board posting anymore is because everyone is sick and tired of the cynical remarks and negative comments.  I'm about to jump off myself.  Who wants to read comments after two games that DP is no good, the team is a joke, no talent, recruiting sucks, Strollo sucks, Tressel sucks, YSU sucks...Youngstown at its finest...whoaaa is me...what have you done for me lately, steel is coming back, wear a mask - don't wear a mask.

GO GUINS
Amen!  We were sitting at the patio bar at the country club after tennis and my friend was going on and on about how terrible everything is, YSU football, the Indians/Guardians, the POTUS, etc etc.  I said, "Mike, we made more money in the marked that at work this year, we are sitting at the club eating and drinking and talking about grandkids athletic endeavors and frankly, I'm thinking how lucky I am, not how UNLUCKY I am.   Damn it, the  cup is never full, but it is a damn sight short of empty! Frankly Crenshaw's performance in these first two games should be the start of a legend and all we are about is Phillips/administration/staff/player bashing. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2021, 03:32:09 PM »
On a positive note, the Youngstown State Football letters in steel look very awesome. I want to get something like that for myself. Hubbard Eaglewear used to make stuff for the team, and they don't make that shirt. Did YSU start using a different sportwear provider locally?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2021, 09:33:50 AM »
On a positive note, the Youngstown State Football letters in steel look very awesome. I want to get something like that for myself. Hubbard Eaglewear used to make stuff for the team, and they don't make that shirt. Did YSU start using a different sportwear provider locally?
Picture?  Haven't seen shirt in question.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2021, 03:50:35 PM »
Check out this tweet. Very first picture: https://twitter.com/ysufootball/status/1436706390861484034?s=20

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2021, 09:55:46 AM »
I was disappointed in our showing against MSU. Crenshaw did ok, but I thought he would do better. Naturally he didn't have time from our O line, but I still thought he would do better throwing the ball. On defense we were really out matched. Again I thought we would be slower than them, but we were really out physicaled also. I guess we are not as far along as I thought. I guess that is why we are called fans.

I see where DP is coming from at inproving our strength overall and recruiting young players we can develope. At our level we can't recruit players ready to play at our level, need to be developed. I guess JT did better than I thought at all this and made us competitive almost all the time. The only time we really looked over matched was the 1999 championship game against Georgia Southern. And their fans were the worst I ever experienced. In that game we lost an O lineman to breaking team rules and that really hurt. Their running back, Peterson I think, just ran over us. We might have done better if we stuck to our ground game when behind because our passing game was not that strong.

Watched the 1st half of the WIU game this past weekend. We better be able to throw the ball or we will be in trouble again. We can't live on just number 8.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2021, 09:59:40 AM »
I think it's important to remember how we typically fair against Big 10 teams. The last time we played Michigan State they were ranked #24 and we lost 55-17. We finished that season 8-4.

This Michigan State team is currently ranked #20 and we lost 42-14.

I'm not saying we're an 8-4 team this year, but it's hard to read too much into a poor performance against a good P5 opponent.

This week against Western will give us a real idea of what this team is made of.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2021, 10:47:16 AM »
Good points Kandrase