Author Topic: Radio and TV Coaches Shows  (Read 4821 times)

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Radio and TV Coaches Shows
« on: August 29, 2021, 07:08:15 PM »
I see on the YSU Athletics Web Site the following:

TV show on WFMF 21 on Wednesday nights at 7, I assume beginning this coming Wednesday.

Radio show on 1390 AM on Monday night 5 till 7. Also held live at Quaker Steak and Lube, this Monday, August 30, at the Boardman location. Also there on Tuesday, September 7, and Mondays August 20 and 27.  The August 13 show is at the Warren / Cortland location.

Not much on the football team on this site, the Vindicator, or local TV and radio.  Too bad, maybe these shows will begin some interest.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Radio and TV Coaches Shows
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 07:48:43 PM »
I wish they would tape it and put
It on YouTube and will they have a podcast of the radio show?  Time for them to upgrade the media!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 11:43:13 PM »
Don't expect anything from the athletic department administrators, and you will never be disappointed. Our intrepid media team is telling folks that a Texas team has never appeared in Stambaugh stadium. I guess that they think that Stephen F. Austin is located in Oregon.

Of interest is the fact that in their posting on the official athletic site, they stressed the number of returning starters and named some of them.  They never mentioned Waid, which might confirm the information that a few of you have dug up.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:19:10 AM »
  Wick that is pathetic that they said first team every from Texas here.  If memory serves me correct we tied Stephen F. Austin in the opener in 1994, then won the next 14!

Sports Info office at YSU and marketing should be embarrassed, but this has been going on for years.  It lays in the lap of Strollo, he allows it.   

Little or no promotion for the opener.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 10:45:11 AM »
  Wick that is pathetic that they said first team every from Texas here.  If memory serves me correct we tied Stephen F. Austin in the opener in 1994, then won the next 14!

Sports Info office at YSU and marketing should be embarra$$ed, but this has been going on for years.  It lays in the lap of Strollo, he allows it.   

Little or no promotion for the opener.

I was at the SFA game. As I recall, it was a Thursday night game. The place was packed. I got to the game just before kickoff. I had to get GA ticket sitting in top row of section 1. It was a defensive struggle. Did we loss the game by a field goal (3-0)?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »
No, 1990 is right.  We scored late and took a 10-10 tie.  Then we won 14 straight on the way to title #3.
Well, the media people are not very bright but they apparently do read this site.  The information about SFA is now included.

Three days to kickoff and no depth chart.  No promotion. On the official athletic site the football team gets the same attention as our bad volleyball team and our pathetic soccer team.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 01:31:47 PM »
I was at the SFA game also. A tie and our only non win in the season. As I recall SFA was a very strong team and we were lucky to come out with a tie in my opinion. Too bad about our media coverage in the Athletic Department.  We are loosing people to other schools, I think our pay scale is not up to others.

Online goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 02:36:18 PM »
The YSU Athletic Department and the marketing teams innovative sales pitch is 4-time National Champs. Although true, it's nearly 25 years since our last title.  Are you kidding me Strollo?  A real leader would challenge their staff. 

On another note, I donated to an Olympic sport and received a postcard from someone 6 months later.  Although a nice gesture, why send at all? 

As the money games become harder to secure this department better figure out how to survive.  I think the first thing to concentrate on is Game Day atmosphere.  Give people a reason to come to the game. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 02:52:40 PM by goodnews »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 01:44:11 PM »
Coach interview today on YouTube

https://youtu.be/MKSK2BhRwb0

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 04:55:11 PM »
Coach's monotone voice had me sleeping.  I think he said Crenshaw and Craycraft are still battling it out and Waid  is playing a new position.  He mentioned the two transfer wide outs along with St.surin and that CJ Charleston was going to be someone to watch.  Most of the interview was coach talk.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 04:55:46 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 08:55:15 AM »
Coach's monotone voice had me sleeping.  I think he said Crenshaw and Craycraft are still battling it out and Waid  is playing a new position.  He mentioned the two transfer wide outs along with St.surin and that CJ Charleston was going to be someone to watch.  Most of the interview was coach talk.
You're cose, the ENTIRE interview was coach talk!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 04:01:56 PM »

Some might say that his voice has a calming tone.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne