Author Topic: mens basketball roster  (Read 5462 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
mens basketball roster
« on: July 15, 2021, 08:44:10 PM »
From the YSU home page .  19 man roster counting 2 walkons.  A lot of guards.

https://ysusports.com/sports/mbkb/2021-22/roster?view=list
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 12:43:29 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: mens basketball roster
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 01:33:07 PM »
Also to note, some coaching changes.

Jason Slay has moved on to an assistant job with South Florida and has been replaced with Ben Asher who was on Rutgers staff the last couple years. He was at WVU with coach under Huggins.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 09:12:35 AM »
Glad to see Greyson Kelley back.  Really hadn't heard anything about his status.  Hopefully he can get going.  Seems like one of those guys that can get really hot.  Would be nice to see him add a punch off the bench like Devin Morgan from the past. 

Have to think the starting lineup would be Rathan-Mayes, Hunter or Ogoro, Covington, Akuchie & Thomas.  Hope to see Dunn & Vargo take a next step. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 09:34:19 AM »
Don't overlook Josh Irwin from West Geauga.  He can shoot and he can rebound. Most teams find minutes for guys that can shoot and rebound.  He and his "friend" Athena Hocevar are going to be welcome additions to the YSU family.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 03:10:30 PM »
With so many on the roster I got to believe some of the frosh will red-shirt unless they come in and really shine.  I'm thinking Chicone and Lucarotti but you never know how they mature & grow over last season.

Yes,Irwin can really stroke it and has a college senior body already.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:12:49 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 10:06:15 AM »
With so many on the roster I got to believe some of the frosh will red-shirt unless they come in and really shine.  I'm thinking Chicone and Lucarotti but you never know how they mature & grow over last season.

I agree on at least a few redshirts, and the #1 issue is replacing DQ, not a "stretch 4", but if you can shoot and rebound, you most often find some minutes sent your way!  I don't now anything about this kid's ambition, but he looks like an euro player to me.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 02:06:44 PM »

I agree on at least a few redshirts, and the #1 issue is replacing DQ, not a "stretch 4", but if you can shoot and rebound, you most often find some minutes sent your way!  I don't now anything about this kid's ambition, but he looks like an euro player to me.

Hopefully, Irwin can develop into Naz plus outside shooting capacity. I can always dream, right?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 08:58:18 AM »

Hopefully, Irwin can develop into Naz plus outside shooting capacity. I can always dream, right?
Unfortunately you are in fact dreaming.  Naz had athletic ability Josh can only dream about.  But he has range Naz could only dream of.  I see Irwin as a YSU level Kevin Love.  Good shot, good rebounding solid but unspectacular play.  Hopefully he is also more durable than Love!

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 07:20:54 PM »
Being 5'10" in high school is ok.  5'10" in College is a whole different ballgame unless you are playing D3

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 08:56:01 PM »
Or you play for YSU and 75% of the roster is a stretch for D1. Although, if u have the right PG he can collapse the defense help get him open.  I wish him and the entire team nothing but success.  Maybe one day it will all come together and they will finally make the dance.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 01:47:25 PM »
Now that would be Good News

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 02:39:30 PM »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2021, 09:13:02 AM »