Author Topic: Football transfers and news thread for 2021  (Read 16050 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football transfers and news thread for 2021
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 09:29:10 AM »
Why would offer a kid that threw only 90+ pa$$es

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-football/2021/07/28/recruiting-notebook-bethel-park-quarterback-max-blanc-youngstown-state/stories/202107280002
49 of 92 is what 53%?  and he had a whole 2 TD offset by only 3 INT's  Great, but at least he lead his team to a 0-7 season so he should fit right in.  WTF IS GOING ON?!?!??, DID WE QUIT AND FORGET TO TELL EVERYBODY ELSE?!?!?!?  This kid obviously doesn't throw very well but says "My arm has gotten so much stronger and my footwork is better." and he doesn't run very well, and says he "admits that he needs to work on his running ability and get faster".  Well, he is tall and smart.  Two good things, but............... This is getting embarrassing.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2021, 10:06:50 PM »
Why would offer a kid that threw only 90+ pa$$es

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-football/2021/07/28/recruiting-notebook-bethel-park-quarterback-max-blanc-youngstown-state/stories/202107280002
49 of 92 is what 53%?  and he had a whole 2 TD offset by only 3 INT's  Great, but at least he lead his team to a 0-7 season so he should fit right in.  WTF IS GOING ON?!?!??, DID WE QUIT AND FORGET TO TELL EVERYBODY ELSE?!?!?!?  This kid obviously doesn't throw very well but says "My arm has gotten so much stronger and my footwork is better." and he doesn't run very well, and says he "admits that he needs to work on his running ability and get faster".  Well, he is tall and smart.  Two good things, but............... This is getting embarra$$ing.

I guess that time will tell, let's hope that he turns out to be great!

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2021, 12:06:05 AM »
The majority of the coaching staff is green at this level.  I wouldn't expect the recruiting to be any different.  Afraid this is gonna be a long process but hopefully I am wrong.  Coaching and development will be key but too many projects on the roster spells big trouble and more of the same.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 09:54:53 AM »
Trying to find something encouraging, and this is what I found.  Lost in the 0-7 2020 season was a pretty good defensive effort.  Best thing to help a D is an good O, and frankly we didn't get that much last year.  Despite that we did pretty damn good in almost every game, at least until we were worn down.  Several of the new players had good seasons, particularly Grant Dixon
On offensive, McLaughlin was a huge surprise. IF the O line can be developed, we can assume Wade continues to develop, we won't have an "0-fer" again at least 

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2021, 11:12:40 AM »
Again. I think the new staff is recruiting multi sport athletes. That is important at this level. Look at the Dakota teams and you will see wrestlers, track and basketball athletes along with football. Kids coming in that place in state at wrestling or were good basketball players with football talent will develop into kids who will contribute to this program. Need to do more of this. Especially at the O and D line positions. Get the wrestlers in those positions!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »
I am optimistic. I think there will be more growing pains, especially this year, but I am hopeful for developing towards the future.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 01:13:03 PM »
Again. I think the new staff is recruiting multi sport athletes. That is important at this level. Look at the Dakota teams and you will see wrestlers, track and basketball athletes along with football. Kids coming in that place in state at wrestling or were good basketball players with football talent will develop into kids who will contribute to this program. Need to do more of this. Especially at the O and D line positions. Get the wrestlers in those positions!!
This relates only as an example of multi-sports athletes.  Anybody see the Olympic Wrestler win a gold and do a full blown gymnastics tumbling run, ending is a full back flip!  It was impressive. 

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2021, 09:39:02 PM »
This relates only as an example of multi-sports athletes.  Anybody see the Olympic Wrestler win a gold and do a full blown gymnastics tumbling run, ending is a full back flip!  It was impressive. 

Gable Steveson. Phenomenal athlete. Probably could play in the NFL right now. Will be the greatest heavyweight wrestler in if he continues competing internationally. 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2021, 09:14:12 AM »

Gable Steveson. Phenomenal athlete. Probably could play in the NFL right now. Will be the greatest heavyweight wrestler in if he continues competing internationally.
A whole lot more money in the NFL!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2021, 08:23:37 AM »
Couple transfers to note:

Bryce Oliver- WR from Kentucky

Jorge Portorreal- WR from Lehigh

JT Ngangum- DE from Glenville State

Issac James Gray- DB from Ball State/ Indiana

Jaylon Baylor- DB from Wheeling Jesuit

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2021, 07:46:36 PM »
Don’t know if I posted this but this kid committed to us over MAryland he’s a track athlete and he had a punt return for acts he plays for Deerfield Beach Fl
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/recruiting/fl-sp-hs-kennerly-commits-20210817-6ksqs2xr4jbbllz4ueh4m22pum-story.html%3foutputType=amp
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2021, 07:48:38 AM »
A tall and fast WR? That could work out very well.