Author Topic: Bowling team advances to the NCAA Final Four  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Bowling team advances to the NCAA Final Four
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:38:48 PM »
I realize that 95% of you do not care. And like golf, bowling is more a game than a sport. But these women deserve recognition for their outstanding accomplishment. Seeded #13 (out of 16) going in to the tournament, they defeated #4, #5, and #12 to advance to the final four. And this team has been in existence for only five years. Congratulations. Give it your best shot tomorrow.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bowling team advances to the NCAA Final Four
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 10:32:15 PM »
I agree 100%.  I have watched some of the matches on the net and they are good bowlers.  I bowled for many years in top leagues in the area and these girls are better than the vast majority of men bowlers.  You can argue all day long on whether bowling or golf are sports or not, but having played baseball, football, basketball and bowling and golf, I sure know that bowling or golf take a whole lot of athletic ability to be as good as these girls are. They represent YSU and are doing very well.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 06:34:29 AM »
Congratulations, ladies.
If not mistaken, this is the first time that any YSU team sports has made it into the final four in NCAA D-1 national championships (football is not D-1A).

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 07:39:55 AM »
I have been following all along great for the ladies and good for YSU. Good luck today!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 07:02:08 PM »
Unfortunately we lost to Mckendra today.  Watched some of the matches and Mckendra is really good so we lost to the better team in my opinion.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 09:08:41 AM »
I realize that 95% of you do not care. And like golf, bowling is more a game than a sport. But these women deserve recognition for their outstanding accomplishment. Seeded #13 (out of 16) going in to the tournament, they defeated #4, #5, and #12 to advance to the final four. And this team has been in existence for only five years. Congratulations. Give it your best shot tomorrow.
No, more than 95% don't care, but golf and bowling are sports in any measure of what makes a sport.  WTF did you get such a perverted idea of "sport"?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!