Author Topic: Corey Tripp of Medina basketball  (Read 4201 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Corey Tripp of Medina basketball
« on: March 09, 2021, 06:53:35 PM »
I don't want to be one of those fans that throws out random prospects and wonders why but on this one I can't understand why YSU hasn't offered.  Corey has offers from Bowling Green and Cleveland state.

I believe Coach Calhoun can recruit against those school and a great selling point is having Luke Chicone signed who is the best point guard in Ohio that will give a scoring guard like Corey the passes that will make him succeed.

Don't want to offend coach or his staff but they offer these players from North Carolina or d2 transfers when you have a gem in your back yard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JvtXAgwazg

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Corey Tripp of Medina basketball
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 08:50:31 PM »
Good player but we are guard heavy already. Especially if DQ and Garrett come back.

DQ, Garrett, Shemar, Ogoro, Myles, Vargo with Luke and Lucarotti coming in so I would assume that is why.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 09:08:54 PM »
Chief,they are guard heavy but they just offered a D2 college guard according to verbal commits.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 12:27:55 PM »
If he was on CSUs list he is probably off it now. Tournament appearance will only attract better players.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 04:14:42 PM »
Geoff Hamperian is transfering according to verbal commits.   Will not effect scholarships since he was a walk on.

Kind of surprised since he played a lot of minutes.  I have 0 inside information but I'm wondering  if he wanted a scholarship based on his contributions. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 04:44:40 PM »
Geoff Hamperian is transfering according to verbal commits.   Will not effect scholarships since he was a walk on.

Kind of surprised since he played a lot of minutes.  I have 0 inside information but I'm wondering  if he wanted a scholarship based on his contributions.

Too bad that we have to lose him. He was in the regular rotation this year (with significant number of minutes).

Scholarships will be very hard to come by next year because of the seniors are given another year of eligibility.

Based on his possible transfer, could we anticipate that some seniors might be considering for coming back for next season?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 02:54:12 PM »
Mr. Chicone and Tripp going head to head right now in the regional semis.

Luke getting the best of them so far. What a player this kid is.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 03:55:44 PM »
Mentor going to the state final 4.

Chicone had 18 Wagg 19.

Tripp led Medina with 28.