« on: February 23, 2021, 10:27:28 AM »
Any thoughts on this weeks game?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 10:43:48 AM »
This UNI team lost 24-20 to SDSU, which is pretty impressive.  The definitely held their own statically.  I think we have our hands more than full again.  Frankly, I'd take 25-7 again as long as we play smart and hard the whole game.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 02:48:58 PM »
UNI had 28 rushing yards in 25 attempts. They had less than 200 yards of total offense. And they still were 19 seconds away from pulling out a win. This will be a great test for our revamped secondary. Don't allow UNI receivers to run free and this game could be very interesting. A windy day with rain would help.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 09:41:13 AM »
UNI had 28 rushing yards in 25 attempts. They had less than 200 yards of total offense. And they still were 19 seconds away from pulling out a win. This will be a great test for our revamped secondary. Don't allow UNI receivers to run free and this game could be very interesting. A windy day with rain would help.
just to keep things in prospective, we had 34 caries or a whopping 51 yards and 171 yards total 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 10:01:43 AM »
This game scares me every year, seems that even when we had really good teams and them not, we struggle. I am not sure about their defense but hope that with 1 game behind us we will be able to open up more on O.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 12:06:32 PM »
This game scares me every year, seems that even when we had really good teams and them not, we struggle. I am not sure about their defense but hope that with 1 game behind us we will be able to open up more on O.
ditto, we always seem to struggle with UNI,
we better open up Saturday ready to play.  DP is still talking Craycraft.  Waid must be an absolutely terrible practice player.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 02:26:29 PM »
ditto, we always seem to struggle with UNI,
we better open up Saturday ready to play.  DP is still talking Craycraft.  Waid must be an absolutely terrible practice player.

I still didn’t like how Craycraft’s eyes locked on to the primary receiver in NDSU game last Sunday. He should have had couple of those passes picked off.
It might also be possible that Craycraft could perform extremely well during practice. Unfortunately, I have not seen that translated into success in the game situation.
DP has also not mentioned our 3 star QB recruit. I wonder if he plans to redshirt him.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 03:14:29 PM »
In do not think that this season counts against eligibility.  If so no need to redshirt.  Hopefully Crenshaw gets some playing time this spring.  He had offers from Indiana, Kentucky, Cincinnati to name a few.  He is too talented to sit on the bench at YSU.  If so he will not be here long.  I have heard talk about footwork issues, but that's why we have QB coaches.  A raw talent that may have the potential to elevate the QB position here to a level equal to the better teams in our league.

The best QB should get the job.  That determination may not come till fall but everyone should get a shot this spring.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 03:35:02 PM »
  Crenshaw not playing this spring, unless there are major injuries at QB.  Mitch Davidson is #3 on depth chart.
As for UNI, they are preseason a top 10 team with the all conference first team preseason QB.  They are expected to be very good. Despite losing the battle of statistics, it took a last minute touchdown by SDST to beat them.  SDST is a top 10, and maybe top 5 team.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 03:35:37 PM by YSUFANSINCE1990 »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 07:01:01 PM »
In do not think that this season counts against eligibility.  If so no need to redshirt.  Hopefully Crenshaw gets some playing time this spring.  He had offers from Indiana, Kentucky, Cincinnati to name a few.  He is too talented to sit on the bench at YSU.  If so he will not be here long.  I have heard talk about footwork issues, but that's why we have QB coaches.  A raw talent that may have the potential to elevate the QB position here to a level equal to the better teams in our league.

The best QB should get the job.  That determination may not come till fall but everyone should get a shot this spring.

Crenshaw needs a TON of work throwing the ball right now. He will not be seeing the field.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 09:01:51 AM »

Crenshaw needs a TON of work throwing the ball right now. He will not be seeing the field.
"SEE" the field is ALL he is going to do, what he won't be doing is PLAYING on it!  He'll never play on the field in YSU, he'll find somebody who promises him a start, maybe Mount Union etc. and transfer.  His footwork is so bad this will be like coaching 7-8 graders again.  Good like Tomzcak!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 10:58:54 AM »

How could he be rated as a 3 star QB recruit? Did he receive non QB offer from the 1A teams? What am I missing here?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 03:57:20 PM »
Temp 50 or so and 60 percent chance of rain. Could be worse in Feb

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 04:02:04 PM »
YSU hasn't developed a formidable QB in a long time.  Most have regressed in in the last 10 years.  Hopefully that will change but thats why we have the talent we have now.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 04:20:50 PM »
YSU hasn't developed a formidable QB in a long time.  Most have regressed in in the last 10 years.  Hopefully that will change but thats why we have the talent we have now.

Recruiting has not been a strong point for a while now, not sure if the coaches are not getting it done or are we that hard of a sell?