Author Topic: Spring Football  (Read 11262 times)

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Spring Football
« on: January 14, 2021, 11:09:43 AM »
Any word on when practice starts for the spring football? 

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Football
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 06:08:33 PM »
I guess there is no word

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 09:27:29 AM »
The Vindicator today had a brief article about FCS spring football. With Indiana State opting out, the MVFC intends to redo the entire schedule sometime this week.  The goal, I guess, is to have each of the ten remaining teams play eight games. This means that we might, or might not, start the season at NDSU in five weeks. It would be really helpful if YSU kept us informed.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 08:31:35 PM »
More info coming soon

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 12:09:25 PM »
Practice starts on the 22nd.

Right now they are talking about letting in limited fans. Prob around 3-4k.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 12:22:55 PM »

Limited? That sounds like typical Saturday attendance to me Lol

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 11:19:11 AM »
Another question, which I think I know the answer to, will they allow tailgating?  I don't see it happening.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 05:38:47 PM »
Ticket Information For Spring Football Season

The Youngstown State University Department of Athletics is planning to sell a limited number of tickets for the upcoming spring football season at Stambaugh Stadium.

All tickets will be sold on a single-game basis and are $20 each. Due to Ohio state guidelines, all seats will be sold in socially distant blocks of 2,3, and 4. Fans will be required to wear face coverings at all times while in Stambaugh Stadium unless they are actively eating or drinking.

The YSU Athletic Department continues to thank all Penguin Club members and season ticket holders for their continual support during these uncertain times. Penguin Club members and 2019 season-ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase the individual game tickets prior to the general public sale. Penguin Club members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets starting on Jan. 27 while season-ticket holders can begin their purchases on Feb. 3. On Feb. 10, all remaining tickets will be open to the general public.

Tickets can be purchased by calling (330) 941-1978 or by visiting the Stambaugh Stadium Ticket office.

On Feb. 10, tickets will also be available online through YSUsports.com. Tickets will only be sold in advance, there will be no tickets sold at Stambaugh Stadium on game day. To become a 2021 Penguin Club Member, contact Allan Spiegel at 330-941-2392.   For more information about season tickets for the 2021 fall football season contact Austin Snodgrass at 330-941-7466.

Scholarship loge holders will be contacted by a member of the YSU Athletic Department in the near future.
Ticket Timeline:                                                   
January 27th: Penguin Club Members                   
February 3rd  Season ticket holders                         
February 10th: General Public Sales                           

Spring Home Schedule:                                                                                 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 12:37:54 PM »
Looking forward to QB competition Craycraft, Waid & Crenshaw.  This should be interesting.  Craycraft & Waid both have some playing time and Crenshaw comes in highly rated.  Talked to a person who saw him play in a state semifinal game and he said he was amazing.  However it works out one of them will probably be gone in the fall.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 08:49:13 AM »

"LIMIT?"  As screwed up as this whole process has been, they'll be damn lucky to get 3,000 fans. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 10:14:48 AM »
  I'm hearing Craycraft will start, Waid inconsistent throwing the ball.  But Waid will be used in many roles; QB, RB, Tight end.  Waid is big and strong and can be used in many ways.  TE Miles Joiner has left the program.

WE need to get more consistent QB play to compete in this conference.  I hear good things about Coach Phillips practices and the players buying into the new coaching staff.  I still think it will be a rough spring, going to take a couple years to get this turned around.

But I think Phillips has a chance, he understands recruiting and will commit the time needed.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 12:39:15 PM »
  I'm hearing Craycraft will start, Waid inconsistent throwing the ball.  But Waid will be used in many roles; QB, RB, Tight end.  Waid is big and strong and can be used in many ways.  TE Miles Joiner has left the program.

WE need to get more consistent QB play to compete in this conference.  I hear good things about Coach Phillips practices and the players buying into the new coaching staff.  I still think it will be a rough spring, going to take a couple years to get this turned around.

But I think Phillips has a chance, he understands recruiting and will commit the time needed.

Any words on the assessment on Crenshaw?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 01:24:04 PM »

Any words on the a$$essment on Crenshaw?
Unfortunately, I believe your comment about needing "a couple years to get this turned around" is correct.  AND the importance of recruiting.  Certainly the large group of juniors and even seniors brought in from other programs says DP knows he doesn't have the talent to compete.  The Lack of OL he was given is embarrassing.
Crips, I don't know if he had enough players to even field an OL.  Bo was doing to our OL what he apparently did to the LSU defense.
Did anyone notice that BP got multi-million dollar job, took it, screwed it us so bad they set records of ineptitude, got fired but took the money and is doing God knows what, while DP has yet to coach his first game!

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 05:09:03 PM »

Any words on the a$$essment on Crenshaw?

Yes I’m curious too. I think Crenshaw is going to see a lot of playing time this spring. He’s the highest rated QB recruit I can remember coming to YSU.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 08:55:22 AM »
Crenshaw is definitely the highest rated QB to attend YSU, but if you watch his HS tapes from HS, or read what DP has to say about him, his throwing is at best "questionable" and "needs a lot of work".  My hope is he becomes the best TB recruit at YSU in many seasons!  We have a TON of QB's and not much to look at at TB.  I assume the way we got such a highly rated prospect is everybody else says "TB my boy, you don't throw well enough for QB" and we said "we'll give you a full shot at QB", which means we'll have to wait until the light goes on in Mr. Crenshaw's head!