Author Topic: Mens basketball at Binghamton  (Read 3072 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Mens basketball at Binghamton
« on: December 13, 2020, 01:53:22 PM »
Down 7 at half.  Difference is that we're 3 of 13 from three and they're 7 of 13 Naz is carrying us with 17 and DQ only has 2.

Not crazy with Q sliding over as an off guard with freshmen Mayes at point.   Q is too effective not to have the ball in his hand when running the offense.

Lack of a space eater in the paint in Calhoun's 4th season in my opinion is a problem.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Mens basketball at Binghamton
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
Nice win on the road 79 -65.  Upper cla$$men caught fire the 2nd half and was fueled by pressing the whole time.
The press sped up binghamton and got them out of their rythm.

Penguins were down double digits a lot of the time in the first half and I thought we were going to get woodsheded but the seniors plus Q got going. 

Any word on Jamir Thomas ?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 03:45:39 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »
I was able to watch it on Espn3. The 3 pt goal at the end oh the 1st half by Naz was huge. He seems to have improved a lot on his shots around the basket.
The team came alive in the 2nd half when the shots started to fall. Binghamton simply ran out of gas in the 2nd half when YSU began its pressing defense.
FT is still a problem.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »
I heard that Jamir Thomas is probably out for the year with a torn ACL.

Our inside game will be our problem, no big without Jamir.  Naz will be good, but against bigger inside guys he will not be able to hold them off. Foul shooting of some will be a problem also. 

The new point guard looks good as a person to spell Q.  He is small but good.  Probably how we were able to get him. It will be interesting.

Michael A was real good today and a big part of our season as another presence inside. Garret C also.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 08:07:26 PM »
I saw Jamir smilng and running off the the floor after the game so i'm wondering if he's going to play.  Hard to get info with student confidentiality rules.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 08:35:56 PM »
Every win this year is going to be a good win. Especially with all the COVID stuff going around. Reminder, this team has barely practiced at all as an entire group.