Author Topic: Everyone else is playing....  (Read 10495 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Everyone else is playing....
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 02:33:19 PM »
Look you cannot take something away from the players if the NCAA decides to offer. Now they are talking football in the worst part of winter? You will not see me. If they want to start in 2-weeks that is fine. Normal conference schedule. Even the Big-10 and PAC-10 realized what a HUGE mistake they made and are scrambling to get started ASAP. Let's do the same. This cannot be allowed to interfere with MBB tournament.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2020, 09:04:47 AM »
Look you cannot take something away from the players if the NCAA decides to offer. Now they are talking football in the worst part of winter? You will not see me. If they want to start in 2-weeks that is fine. Normal conference schedule. Even the Big-10 and PAC-10 realized what a HUGE mistake they made and are scrambling to get started ASAP. Let's do the same. This cannot be allowed to interfere with MBB tournament.
Obviously you are right about the Big10 and Pac 10 but that has NOT been proven (or disproven) to be a good idea.  Look at case counts here and Europe heading into cooler weather.  They could be 100% wrong.
No team should take the field without each player being inoculated with a vaccine   Not HS, not college not NFL.  I want football as much as the next guy, but this isn't life or death and the virus literally is.  We are playing with fire over a selfish desire to watch a game that, in the scope of life, doesn't really matter.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2020, 11:43:09 AM »
Obviously you are right about the Big10 and Pac 10 but that has NOT been proven (or disproven) to be a good idea.  Look at case counts here and Europe heading into cooler weather.  They could be 100% wrong.
No team should take the field without each player being inoculated with a vaccine   Not HS, not college not NFL.  I want football as much as the next guy, but this isn't life or death and the virus literally is.  We are playing with fire over a selfish desire to watch a game that, in the scope of life, doesn't really matter.

agreed
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2020, 08:01:49 AM »
If it does not work ... season cancelled. I am perfectly fine with that. I am not fine with football in the worst month of winter; nor in the spring, so close to 2021 Fall camp. Now if I do not get tickets for this, I will probably lose the season seats that my family has had since the stadium opened in 1983.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2020, 08:35:05 AM »
If it does not work ... season cancelled. I am perfectly fine with that. I am not fine with football in the worst month of winter; nor in the spring, so close to 2021 Fall camp. Now if I do not get tickets for this, I will probably lose the season seats that my family has had since the stadium opened in 1983.
You are probably right on the tickets.  Only leverage they have to force us to buy. 
I get the your reluctance on winter ball, it's freeking winter in Youngstown OH!!!  I don't get the spring thing.  I think it's perfect for the new coach, new team.  I'd treat it like extended, serious spring games.  I don't care if we lose them all, but get the "going forward" players on the same page and learning to play MVFC football.  I'd play seniors, but only as needed, and I'm get quality time for every underclass player I thought had potential.  Great practice, and great for DP and his coaches.  This is perfect for us, and gives us a much better basis for going into real football in the fall of 2021

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2020, 01:43:16 PM »
I am just going to have to buy the season tickets & go when I can in March/April/May.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2020, 02:17:28 PM »
IAA, I would wait to worry about this until they send out more seasons ticket information in the mail.
They may not institute a policy like that who knows?

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2020, 02:53:24 PM »

It is not like they have a list of folks waiting for seats to open up. I would be shocked if they gave season ticket holders a hard time keeping their seats, that would be some unneeded bad PR.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2020, 03:35:59 PM »

It is not like they have a list of folks waiting for seats to open up. I would be shocked if they gave season ticket holders a hard time keeping their seats, that would be some unneeded bad PR.
I agree completely with your points, this would definitely be bad pub.  What in our sports marketing makes you think they are above that?