Author Topic: University Politics  (Read 20478 times)

Offline cjm

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: University Politics
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 03:04:17 PM »
from Wikipedia, so take that as you will.

"The First Amendment's freedom of speech right not only proscribes most government restrictions on the content of speech and ability to speak, but also protects the right to receive information, prohibits most government restrictions or burdens that discriminate between speakers, restricts the tort liability of individuals for certain speech, and prevents the government from requiring individuals and corporations to speak or finance certain types of speech with which they do not agree. "

you can say i'm wrong all you want but i've given more of an argument to my position then you have yours. in fact you haven't supported your argument at all except to say i'm wrong.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 09:37:55 AM »
from Wikipedia, so take that as you will.

"The First Amendment's freedom of speech right not only proscribes most government restrictions on the content of speech and ability to speak, but also protects the right to receive information, prohibits most government restrictions or burdens that discriminate between speakers, restricts the tort liability of individuals for certain speech, and prevents the government from requiring individuals and corporations to speak or finance certain types of speech with which they do not agree. "

you can say i'm wrong all you want but i've given more of an argument to my position then you have yours. in fact you haven't supported your argument at all except to say i'm wrong.
Some things are so obvious they don't need supported with further "arguments".  Speeding is against the law. Not only does the government make is illegal, but they are required to ENFORCE THE LAW.  This is, in it's simplest form, simply the same thing.  This is NOT sports and it is an inane thread between me and a virtual illiterate and uneducated poster. I HOPE you don't have a degree from YSU!
Sorry, I'm out.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline cjm

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2020, 12:56:11 PM »
https://www.lawforseniors.org/how-government-works/282-freedom-of-speech-what-it-is-and-what-it-isn-t

https://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/educational-resources/about-educational-outreach/activity-resources/what-does

if by enforcing the law you mean if a decision is made through the courts whether or not actions impede on free speech, i'll concede that. but it doesn't mean a police officer is going to ticket you for not allowing someone to come into your institution, home or business and promote thoughts or actions you do not agree with.

one of us has provided information to back their claim up and show the incongruity to the others. one statement has been at least supported from multiple third parties explaining the exact intent of the point of discussion.

there is a lot of great supporting information out there regarding what I've already provided but I generally don't like relying on think pieces or anecdotal evidence to support arguments. if that were the case I could just tell you you're wrong this is how it is because I say so and provide NO corroborating information.

all you have basically said was," im right you're wrong, im taking my ball and going home" so have a good day.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 10:07:45 AM »

'so have a good day"
Thanks, I will.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!