Author Topic: And so it begins  (Read 32190 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: And so it begins
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2020, 03:19:12 PM »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2020, 03:25:49 PM »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 03:29:21 PM by guinpen »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2020, 09:41:27 PM »
Big Ten task force on infectious disease chair Dr. Chris Kratochvil gives less than a 15% chance for a single game to be played by a Big Ten school this year.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2020, 08:36:36 AM »
Big Ten task force on infectious disease chair Dr. Chris Kratochvil gives less than a 15% chance for a single game to be played by a Big Ten school this year.
This reads like the CHAIR of the Big10 infectious disease committee is running a betting pool?!?!?!?!?! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »
The NCAA will not dictate anything. This is out of their jurisdiction and a "nice big lawsuit" would show this. The NCAA almost went away in football (Big-6 conference football) once in recent years and they do not want this to happen again. It would be simple for the NCAA to make arrangements if their was a national policy; but these are state's issues, which I am happy about. I see stands full of season ticket holders at a minimum. This way people do not lose their chance to renew with existing seats and I would recommend that all of you pay for your tickets. If not for this, then at least for the sake of next year going forward.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:32:18 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2020, 03:59:03 PM »
The NCAA will not dictate anything. This is out of their jurisdiction and a "nice big lawsuit" would show this. The NCAA almost went away in football (Big-6 conference football) once in recent years and they do not want this to happen again. It would be simple for the NCAA to make arrangements if their was a national policy; but these are state's issues, which I am happy about. I see stands full of season ticket holders at a minimum. This way people do not lose their chance to renew with existing seats and I would recommend that all of you pay for your tickets. If not for this, then at least for the sake of next year going forward.

So in a nutshell the NCAA is basically a joke and dictated to by the BIG BOYS.

I am a long time season ticket holder that will not be getting them this year. I will reconsider next year and if they do not give me the same seats I will do what most people around me do, get free tickets or the cheapest tickets and then sit where ever I want to.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2020, 09:43:40 PM »
So many canceled games listed here, so much lost $$$$$$$$

Will college football happen in 2020? How each conference is approaching the upcoming fall season

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29517964/will-college-football-happen-2020-how-conference-approaching-upcoming-fall-season

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2020, 02:28:39 PM »
Ohio Athletic Conference, including Mount Union, set to postpone athletic activities for 2020

https://www.wkbn.com/sports/ohio-athletic-conference-including-mount-union-set-to-postpone-athletic-activities-for-2020/

President’s Athletic Conference postpones fall sports; Grove City, Thiel, Westminster impacted

https://www.wkbn.com/sports/presidents-athletic-conference-postpones-fall-sports-grove-city-thiel-westminster-impacted/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:25:13 PM by guinpen »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2020, 09:01:21 AM »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2020, 09:35:34 AM »
Here is one game off the schedule!

Northeast Conference the latest to postpone fall sports

The NEC Council of Presidents voted to postpone all competitions and championships, and applies to men’s and women’s cross country, field hockey, football, men’s and women’s soccer and women’s volleyball, as well as all other NEC sports scheduled to engage in competition this fall.

The council agreed to reconvene again by October 1 to evaluate the public health crisis and competitive options moving forward.

“While this decision was exceedingly difficult and will be incredibly heartbreaking for our NEC student-athletes, coaches and administrators, the NEC Council of Presidents focused on the importance of the health and safety and well-being of our entire campus communities,” said NEC Commissioner Noreen Morris. “This pandemic has challenged us all in ways we could never have imagined, and I applaud our student-athletes and coaches for handling this difficult time with grace and courage. We are committed to providing all of our student-athletes with meaningful practice and training activities this fall and look forward to reconvening our presidents by October 1 to discuss future competitive opportunities.”

Off note, the Duquesne football team was previously slated to face Youngstown State on September, 12 at Stambaugh Stadium.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2020, 09:13:36 AM »
Without a vaccine, it looks hopeless and while the 2 year thing is probably wrong, there is NOT going to be a vaccine by September. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Guin83

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2020, 10:46:08 PM »
Here is one game off the schedule!

Northeast Conference the latest to postpone fall sports

The NEC Council of Presidents voted to postpone all competitions and championships, and applies to men’s and women’s cross country, field hockey, football, men’s and women’s soccer and women’s volleyball, as well as all other NEC sports scheduled to engage in competition this fall.

The council agreed to reconvene again by October 1 to evaluate the public health crisis and competitive options moving forward.

“While this decision was exceedingly difficult and will be incredibly heartbreaking for our NEC student-athletes, coaches and administrators, the NEC Council of Presidents focused on the importance of the health and safety and well-being of our entire campus communities,” said NEC Commissioner Noreen Morris. “This pandemic has challenged us all in ways we could never have imagined, and I applaud our student-athletes and coaches for handling this difficult time with grace and courage. We are committed to providing all of our student-athletes with meaningful practice and training activities this fall and look forward to reconvening our presidents by October 1 to discuss future competitive opportunities.”

Off note, the Duquesne football team was previously slated to face Youngstown State on September, 12 at Stambaugh Stadium.

Heard from a good source that a certain Big 12 team two hours south is looking to fill an open date Sept 12.  They‘re looking for a smaller school.  They moved their game from that weekend up two weeks to create an opening. 
guin83

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »
Hmmm. WVU!? That would be exciting for an extra money game. But sadly I do not think that football would be played. What a schedule this would be otherwise.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2020, 04:28:16 PM »
WVU lost Florida State and already has EKU on schedule.  I suspect they would be more inclined to play a MAC team if the season is played.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2020, 06:09:11 PM »
Good news, maybe but it with the exception allowing FBS schools to count two games against FCS for bowl eligibility this year, maybe they just want the cheaper option of an FCS school?  ???
After all, at a minimum this year will have lower ticket sales due to social distancing, maybe playing with no fans at all. Need to keep the costs down somehow. It may actually make sense to schedule a YSU instead of a MAC school.