Author Topic: Akron haters will love this!!!  (Read 4310 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Akron haters will love this!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 11:04:22 PM »
I am an Akron hater and I wish them nothing but the worst.  Their enrollment has shrunk by about 33% in recent years (not counting the inevitable additional loss of numbers this fall,) they are eliminating programs at a frightening pace, and their best faculty are fleeing as soon as they can secure new jobs.  Yet they cling to this delusion that being in the same classification on paper with OSU makes them Big Time in the eyes of sports fans across this nation.  Pathetic.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 09:21:28 AM »
No secret that I hate the zits, they have been pretending to be one of the big boys for 35 or so years now. Building that new stadium was a major and expensive joke, they should have just rented a local high school field.

A matter of time until they drop
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 10:35:32 AM »
While I "hate" Akron, it isn't a hate in a true sense.  I wish them well in everything BUT on the field against YSU, (any field)   Frankly if they drop down, it would be GREAT to add them to the MVFC, which desperately needs another team.  (either that, or YSU drop the MVFC!)  That would give us a legit rival, and we very much need that. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 11:43:39 AM »
While I "hate" Akron, it isn't a hate in a true sense.  I wish them well in everything BUT on the field against YSU, (any field)   Frankly if they drop down, it would be GREAT to add them to the MVFC, which desperately needs another team.  (either that, or YSU drop the MVFC!)  That would give us a legit rival, and we very much need that.

I can agree with this!

How does the process work when a school drops to a lower division? I would guess that it would take a couple of years of reducing scholarships.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne