Author Topic: Old Highlights  (Read 9396 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Old Highlights
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 12:12:31 PM »
They were great times for one simple reason - head coach.
Plain and simply, JT was the MAN!  Cool, calm, collected, under control and in control. I remember like it was yesterday, going to halftime against Western Ill. down 7 and saying to my brother, "well, we've got this one, Tressel behind only a TD at half, we'll win, guaranteed"  (and we did)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 02:19:35 PM »
They were great times for one simple reason - head coach.
Plain and simply, JT was the MAN!  Cool, calm, collected, under control and in control. I remember like it was yesterday, going to halftime against Western Ill. down 7 and saying to my brother, "well, we've got this one, Tressel behind only a TD at half, we'll win, guaranteed"  (and we did)

All correct. He understood football and he understood people.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 08:39:20 AM »

All correct. He understood football and he understood people.
You couldn't be more on point!  He still does.  I am really happy with what DP has said and done so far (whiich frankly is not much, and NOT his fault.  Hiring was after most recruiting and now this damn virus!)  But if JT took over this team right, we'd make the playoffs this year and play for the national championship withing 3 years. I have absolutely no doubt.  I am cautiously optimistic DP will do the same, but I have that much faith in JT.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:15:40 PM by IAA Fan »
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!