YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Transfer Portal- Basketball

(1/4) > >>

ytownchief22:
Jelani was the first and now Ola has joined for the men.

On the women's side, Ny'Dajah and Deleah have entered the transfer portal.

mudclods:
Ola is not a surprise at all. I really think he needs to drop to D2or D3. I can't figure out what happened to to him after he debuted last year. He did break his hand twice this summer that set him back but he just never looked comfortable when he played. He couldn't stay out of foul trouble & honestly just seemed like he didn't know what to do when he got the ball. Seems like a good kid & wish him the best, but just don't see him as a D1 player.

Wick250:
No loss on the women's side.  Gibson is not a DI player, and Jackson would never get off the bench next season if we are finally healthy.

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: mudclods on March 25, 2020, 10:08:31 PM ---Ola is not a surprise at all. I really think he needs to drop to D2or D3. I can't figure out what happened to to him after he debuted last year. He did break his hand twice this summer that set him back but he just never looked comfortable when he played. He couldn't stay out of foul trouble & honestly just seemed like he didn't know what to do when he got the ball. Seems like a good kid & wish him the best, but just don't see him as a D1 player.

--- End quote ---

Agree 100%.   I would say he's a legit D1 rim protector but the offense wasn't there.  I think it was confidence with a lack of playing time.  He seemed to be a a great teammate.   I hope he finds a good program where he can contribute.

ytownchief22:
Shemar Rathan-Mayes has committed to take the scholly left by Ola leaving.

He's a 5-11 point guard from Orangeville Prep which is quite possibly the top prep team in Canada. They churn out a ton of D1 prospects every year.

Had offers from Southern Utah, UIC and Central Michigan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version