YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Beeghly Center

<< < (2/3) > >>

IAA Fan:
I have never understood all of this continuous talk about updating Beeghly. In truth it will do nothing outside of possibly recruits. The issue is now and always has been ...the product, not the wrapping. Look at Butler's hell-whole, yet it always sold out because of the product. Now it sells because of the competition's product. There would not be a seat in Beeghly if we were bringing in Big EAST teams twice-a-week. If you want a quick and equally-effective solution, talk to Covelli and get the old GM center to host a few games. Then convince the Ohio DI teams to hold a tourney there. Do we realize just how many great basketball programs are in Ohio? How about a concert/YSU game combo or two? UNI does it in the UNI-Dome. How about a NEO vs WPA tourney? Rotate between Covelli and Some place in Pittsburgh.

ucfpengbuck:
I don't think Beeghly is as bad as some say.  I have noticed that the other Horizon league teams facilities or most do not have bleacher seats .   Perhaps if they put permanent back seats to replace the bleachers it will look like the rest of the conference.   I haven't done the research so I'm not sure if most teams in the league have on campus facilities.   I think IUPUI  arena is not on their campus.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on March 24, 2020, 08:49:57 AM ---I have never understood all of this continuous talk about updating Beeghly. In truth it will do nothing outside of possibly recruits. The issue is now and always has been ...the product, not the wrapping. Look at Butler's hell-whole, yet it always sold out because of the product. Now it sells because of the competition's product. There would not be a seat in Beeghly if we were bringing in Big EAST teams twice-a-week. If you want a quick and equally-effective solution, talk to Covelli and get the old GM center to host a few games. Then convince the Ohio DI teams to hold a tourney there. Do we realize just how many great basketball programs are in Ohio? How about a concert/YSU game combo or two? UNI does it in the UNI-Dome. How about a NEO vs WPA tourney? Rotate between Covelli and Some place in Pittsburgh.

--- End quote ---

You are so out of touch. Hinkle Fieldhouse where Butler plays is awesome. Beeghly is a dump and needs renovated.

YsuPride:
Butler's arena is historic. Ours is not. Butler's Arena is an icon in the state of Indiana. It has been updated if you haven't been there it's very nice. Beeghly Center on the other hand looks the same as it does since the 1980s when they remodeled it. We have to get the seats behind the Hoops back. It's like a football field behind a hoop too much space and no fans there. I agree we need to go to bleachers new signage, new scoreboards and maybe a few loges somewhere in the arena. It can be done but it will take money. Next year the team is going to be picked to be one of the favorites in the Horizon league and should probably win 20 or more games. That means unless we get a commitment to remodel beeghly Calhoun will seek a better job. Basketball can be good at YSU we need to take it serious.

IAA Fan:
I agree that we should take it seriously. However Butler can afford to update...they are in a top conference now. The last major update gave new lockers, floor and facilities for the players, that was a higher priority. I am just saying that updates to The basketball viewing area have to come when we have the funds. Just remember that one good football game draws as much as all MBB games combined. Just a higher priority.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version