Author Topic: NKU Game  (Read 3123 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
NKU Game
« on: February 22, 2020, 05:21:52 PM »
Talk about a tail of two halves. I stopped watching and missed everything. 59-61 Bad Guys.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NKU Game
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 06:51:05 PM »
Talk about a tail of two halves. I stopped watching and missed everything. 59-61 Bad Guys.
I watched the entire game. On the stretch when we fell behind by 14 points, we had a bad combinations on the court. We had Foster, Hemperian, Morgan on the court. We could neither score nor defend.

We had the best combination for a long period of time (DQ, Naz, Covington, Calfcart Simmons/Acuchie) in the 2nd half, We made the comeback.

We had a chance to win the game, down 2 with 10 sec. They kept the ball out of DQ’s hands so he could not bring it up court. Calfcart passed up an open 3 point shot and passed it to DQ for a tough 25 foot shot (air ball). The tapped up rebound did not go in as time ran out.

The scoreless 8 min in the 1st half sank us. I am proud of their effort in the 2nd half in fighting their way back.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 08:22:50 PM »
Sad outcome but proud of the effort to fight back. This team is very close to being to a top team in this league with Calhoun at the helm.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 12:12:28 AM »
Would have been unbelievable to come back & win that came but really the difference in the game was that 8 min drought in the first half.  Most of the first half was pretty evenly played and YSU out-played them in the 2nd half.  I thought too a couple momentum changes was when Simmons missed the layup and then NKU missed that 2nd foul shot and YSU couldn't snag the rebound & they hit a 3. 

It just took too long to claw back into it.  YSU just couldn't get it under 6 until right at the very end.  It's too bad to hold a team like NKU to 61 & lose but just missed too many open shots and couldn't get the ball to fall in in the second half with a lot of short range shots.  If you look at the stats, YSU made 4 more 3's, had 4 more points from the FT line, outrebounded them, had more assists & less turnovers.

The only 3 losses at Beeghly now are 2 OT losses and this 2 point loss.