Author Topic: Wright State Game  (Read 10314 times)

Offline sandman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Wright State Game
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 03:09:08 PM »
Big time win for YSU. Met Coach Calhoun when i was in Y-town this summer (good guy)  Maybe this is the year for our first Big Dance appearance

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 03:10:29 PM »
This win should give us at least a CIT berth.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 03:19:16 PM »
I was shocked when I saw that 2148 attendance figure.  The south bleachers were packed (thanks in part to the football team,) the red seats were much more thickly occupied than usual, and significant people in the east and west bleachers.  Definitely in the 3500 range.  Like most mid-majors, we lie to enhance attendance figures.  Why we would lie in the opposition direction, I have no idea.

Unless they only counted the paid customers.i don’t know if they kept tracked of the students who could get in by just showing their ID.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 06:45:10 PM »
A maturing team that played like they wanted to make a statement and did.   These guys have played a lot of college basketball and the soph/jr class are now men.  No time to celebrate with 3 tough games coming up.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 05:57:21 AM »
I was shocked when I saw that 2148 attendance figure.  The south bleachers were packed (thanks in part to the football team,) the red seats were much more thickly occupied than usual, and significant people in the east and west bleachers.  Definitely in the 3500 range.  Like most mid-majors, we lie to enhance attendance figures.  Why we would lie in the opposition direction, I have no idea.

Unless they only counted the paid customers.i don’t know if they kept tracked of the students who could get in by just showing their ID.

BINGO!!
Paid admission. 

Lots of tickets throughout the season get donated to different businesses and such to hand out, and to schools for different types of programs.