Author Topic: The next YSU Head Football Coach  (Read 101284 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The next YSU Head Football Coach
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2020, 08:59:01 AM »
Don’t see nothing special here if Mallory.  He had one good year and he beat us big deal.  They lost do Dayton last year and if anything the season was mediocre and mirrored ours. Beat the real bad teams and had offensive struggles at times.  But if him I will give him a chance.  Don’t know his recruiting style etc.  But I think he likes to run the ball.

Yea...and we lost to a lowly Butler with Pelini so...
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2020, 12:51:47 PM »
The one thing that stands out to me is Mallory was able to win 7 games in 2018 after going 0-11 his first year. If anyone needs a program turned around we certainly do. I also like the coaching experience he has had throughout the MAC and Big Ten even though it was mostly position related. He has been known to steal recruits from Ball State and Miami,Oh on a regular basis. Every time pelini went to the Hoosier to recruit he would always come back empty handed and the players he targeted picked the sycamores. I will support whoever as long as it isn't Carl
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 01:25:19 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2020, 06:25:54 PM »
D'Alesio is headed to LSU with Bo as a defensive analyst.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2020, 07:20:56 PM »
LAUGHABLE...  What else can u say? Some can play.  Some can coach. He can do neither. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 07:31:35 PM by goodnews »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2020, 07:59:46 PM »
LAUGHABLE...  What else can u say? Some can play.  Some can coach. He can do neither.

Top ten oost of this young year!!!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2020, 08:25:51 AM »
 Strollo did day long interviews in Canton this past Saturday.   Could have a new coach soon.

Offline ysupenguins14

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2020, 08:39:55 AM »
Good for D’Alesio, the D-line was the only consistent position group on the team throughout Pelini’s tenure and especially this past season.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2020, 09:16:36 AM »
Good for D’Alesio, the D-line was the only consistent position group on the team throughout Pelini’s tenure and especially this past season.
Yes, that's true, but give me Rivers Moss, Smith, Reed, Cook et. al. and I'LL have a good DL!  I'm with the unpaid job in LSU as the best for him.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2020, 09:28:01 AM »
  Indiana State's Curt Mallory is out.  Said he was flattered, but not interested.  I hope we don't have to settle for a coach and bring back Montgomery.  He was a bust as a head coach.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 09:29:28 AM by YSUFANSINCE1990 »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2020, 09:55:59 AM »
Strollo did day long interviews in Canton this past Saturday.   Could have a new coach soon.
Based on this and your most recent post about Curt being out, who do you think we are getting? Any name not already mentioned here?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2020, 10:09:33 AM »
Why Canton? Could they be considering Nate Moore H.C. of Massillon

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2020, 10:17:35 AM »
I am guessing.

YSU conducted many major searches/interviews (Deans, Provost..... VPs) at major regional airports such as PIT, CLE and CAK where applicants flown in.

Canton is the home of CAK.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2020, 11:38:30 AM »
I’d rather lose every game in 2020 with any old interim coach off the street, so that we have proper time to find a real HC for the future, rather than find someone haphazardly last minute with a three year contract. 

Offline ysupenguins14

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2020, 11:52:28 AM »
Yes, that's true, but give me Rivers Moss, Smith, Reed, Cook et. al. and I'LL have a good DL!  I'm with the unpaid job in LSU as the best for him.
You're right about him having a lot of talent to work with, but it still was the only group that came to play week in and week out.  It was going to be very difficult for any of his assistants to find good jobs this late into the offseason.  I think many of his assistants will have trouble finding any jobs now because of how late it is and because many lacked any prior experience before coming here.  Hopefully we have a better group of assistants this time around. 

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2020, 12:11:50 PM »
Based on this and your most recent post about Curt being out, who do you think we are getting? Any name not already mentioned here?

Lou Holtz!