Author Topic: The Gerry Faust era I mean Tim Tyrrell era begins the joke is on us!  (Read 11960 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The Gerry Faust era I mean Tim Tyrrell era begins the joke is on us!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 10:36:55 AM »
One of Tressel's great strengths while coach here was his ability to recognize and hire assistant coaches. The track record of those who started here and went on to success at higher level jobs is very solid. The relative lack of success of those who followed him and even Slocum on the basketball side partly due to the weakness of their staffs and their inability or unwillingness to improve them.  If the new coach is unable to find a staff that enhances his strengths and compensates for his weaknesses he will likely fail as well. I hope he is smart enough to ensure that he has the resources to hire a quality staff and the ability to recognize coaching talent that Tressel had.
If TT is as smart as we all hope he is, he'll use JT to assist with asst. coaches!

TT is way smarter than we thought not taking a welfare paying job at the state of Youngstown  >:(
You may have a point, but if successful this could have been a GREAT jumping off point.  Why I've seen successful YSU HC's jump straight to OSU!!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The Gerry Faust era I mean Tim Tyrrell era begins the joke is on us!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 05:30:48 PM »
Well this was a wasted thread. R.I.P.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne