Author Topic: Bo-LSU  (Read 26907 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Bo-LSU
« on: January 20, 2020, 04:56:10 PM »
Bo is being strongly considered for the LSU DC job. If he leaves, he wants assurances that Carl becomes head coach as I've said all along. We'll see what happens.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bo-LSU
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 06:54:16 PM »
Maybe he can take D'Alesio as his right-hand-man since he is so qualified!  All joking aside, I hope the QB recruit doesn't de-commit.

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 08:06:31 PM »
If he wants to stay as per his contract, fine. If he wants to leave for whatever reason, fine as well. No way should he be allowed to dictate who follows him as coach, especially if its his brother.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 08:12:02 PM »
So he wants to leave for another job but is he threatening to stay if we do not make his brother the next head coach?????????
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:12:45 PM »
If he wants to stay as per his contract, fine. If he wants to leave for whatever reason, fine as well. No way should he be allowed to dictate who follows him as coach, especially if its his brother.
agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 08:18:29 PM »
I would say INTERIM but nothing more and that's a stretch considering his history.  Can you imagine having 1 coach with recruiting experience and in-game coaching knowledge? 

And total BS telling a state institution they have to commit to 3 years and $250,000 (likely contract) a year cause he wants his brother to have a job. 

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 09:58:58 PM »
Three years ago right after the championship run, this would have been perceived as a disaster.  Now, if this transpires, I expect that the reaction from the community will be a collective yawn.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 07:15:56 AM »
Carl wouldn't be the worst choice

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 07:26:02 AM »
According to Dana Balash, he texted Bo Pelini if there was any truth to this report, and Pelini responded with a one word text "no"

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 08:12:35 AM »
  Highly unlikely that Pelini is going anywhere.  Carl won't get the job here, and Bo Pelini knows his brother will struggle to get a meaningful job anywhere else, so Bo likely to stay.

What has Carl done to show anyone he deserves this job?  Losing record at Florida Atlantic, I believe 6-17, and he was involved in a scandal.  Even with a huge local donor pushing for him, he couldn't get the head coaching job at lowly Bowling Green.   

The Pelini era at YSU has underachieved, and Carl has been part of the problem for 4 of the 5 years.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 03:10:33 PM »
Carl wouldn't be the worst choice

He wouldn’t be a good choice though. We need an  up and comer that understands how to relate to today’s players. Coaching has passed the Pelinis by imo. They certainly understand the x and o part but all of bos comments make it sound like he doesnt know how to communicate with this generation. Also need someone the players want to play for. Tress was beloved by his teams but I think YSU players don’t like Bo all that much.

I’d be a fan of someone from d2 who can bring a winning culture, sort of like the MBB hire with Calhoun. MBB isn’t where it needs to be yet but it’s trending the right way.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 03:13:39 PM by Kandrase »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 03:51:44 PM »
I actually would not have hired Carl, but since we have already done it, he is a very good coach. IMO, better that his brother. That being said I would not object to YSU saying "no" to Carl either.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 05:06:04 PM »
Both Pelini brothers are better D-Coordinators than they are head coaches honestly

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 05:26:07 PM »
Don't see Bo leaving right now until his daughter graduates high school. She's a junior.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2020, 06:20:17 PM »
He isn’t going anywhere! Just a bunch of smoke no fire.
A Penguin for life!!!