Author Topic: men's basketball  (Read 6627 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
men's basketball
« on: January 17, 2020, 11:01:45 AM »
poor shooting poor defense = a blow-out

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: men's basketball
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 12:34:08 PM »
Disappointment.   Another loss next game.   Why are we so subpar on the road?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 01:55:40 PM »
Let's be realistic.  There are two good teams in this weak league.  We can not beat either one on the road.  However, there is no reason we cannot finish in third place.  That would be a big step forward for this program.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 02:02:48 PM »
It's hard to win on the road in college hoops, period.  I was hoping for a split best case lucky scenario.  College hoops is about holding serve at home and getting a few breaks in winnable games on the road: The UIC types of the world.  We have two breaks already, Detroit is a possibility and so is a split on the Wisconsin trip maybe.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 04:40:42 PM »
Did not see that Jamar Thomas played.  Was he at the game and held out or not there?  Maybe not fast enough for a guard oriented NKU.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 05:02:45 PM »
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:03:45 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 07:15:58 PM »
sounds like a Bo Pelini half time speech

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 10:56:28 PM »
Disappointing game for sure. Afraid YSU was due for a clunker. Probably one of the worst games of the year & definitely worst since the Akron game when we just weren't competitive.

I thought maybe YSU survived their early run when they tied the game at 23. Didn't think NKU could shoot that well the entire game but they pretty much did. That 15-1 run after that point was it.

I wondered about Jamir Thomas too. Looked to me like he was on the bench but was the only one that didn't play. Almost reminds me of Tyree Robinson another JUCO transfer that seemed to have talent & obvious size but never got a lot of mins. Is it stamina, discipline?

This YSU team can't get into a shootout. None of those types of games have been good for them this year. Defensive is definitely the key to remain competitive with everyone. YSU has lost every game this year they've given up 73 or more. The only loss than was under that was Western Michigan a 66-64 loss that YSU should have won.

Clearly Wright State & NKU are the best 2 teams in the league but I think YSU has a shot to play for 3rd.

Saturday at Wright State is going to be tough. I had hoped YSU could split this trip & get to 5-2 then head home for 5 winnable games.