Author Topic: Changes...and I don't mean the Bowie song either!  (Read 27063 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Changes...and I don't mean the Bowie song either!
« on: December 17, 2019, 05:55:40 PM »
Please let me know when anyone spots a change to the current system at YSU football.  I would like to track them.  Kind of like a watchdog...
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Changes...and I don't mean the Bowie song either!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »
Stick,

During the last week of the season I heard from two very reliable and well-positioned sources that there would be "very significant" changes in the coaches.  Now one month later, total silence.  I will talk to one of those sources at the basketball game tomorrow evening, but don't get your hopes up.  It is starting to feel like standard operating procedure.  As in promise changes when they are upset; then ignore them as the weeks pass.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 11:10:04 AM »
Bo says several players have left the team. He will deal with assistants in the coming months.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 04:05:39 PM »
OK..I read he will deal with coaches in February???  Who does he think is going to be available in February when teams are getting ready for spring practice and staffs are set.  All the best will be taken!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 04:19:38 PM »
At the 1:56 minute mark of the presser today, he is asked about Haeden, Bo wasn't sure who he was and had to look at his notes until he was told the last name - Gump - only local kid recruited.  Tells me a lot on how much he is involved in recruiting.  Not much...so not much change there.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 09:02:49 PM »
Bo says several players have left the team. He will deal with assistants in the coming months.

Wonder which players left the team?

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 11:08:01 AM »
  Nothing will change.  Five years of this garbage will continue for the next two.   Look at the rosters of the good teams in the conference, they are all young! 

We also have no offensive lineman who can play.   Until Pelini goes, the program has no shot to compete in this conference.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »
  Nothing will change.  Five years of this garbage will continue for the next two.   Look at the rosters of the good teams in the conference, they are all young! 

We also have no offensive lineman who can play.   Until Pelini goes, the program has no shot to compete in this conference.
Five years of garbage, including how may trips to Frisco of the National Championship Game? I seem to remember we won one of the greatest games in YSU history to make it to TX, didn't we?
No doubt this season was VERY disappointing, but we have 2 very good recruiting classes in a row, the first time in a LONG time for that.  Everything is NOT great, but neither is everything TERRIBLE. 
I don't like the TOTAL negativity of "no offensive linemen who can play".  I re-watched the ISU game and we had a very good OL game against a highly rated playoff defensive using mostly a 6th year senior center and young guys. The best recruit this year, (before Crenshaw at least) was a OT that has real potential.  I think your insults are both uncalled for any incorrect.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 03:29:00 PM »
 Go Guins, Pelini is 18-22 in conference play.  This past year his defense gave up 56, 56, 38, and 35 in four of the six conference losses, three of those games blow outs.  Embarrassed by South Dakota.

His team was 2-6 in the conference.  Other than 2016, what do you like about his 5 years.   He lost to Butler!!

Who says 2 great recruiting classes?  LOL. 

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 04:22:36 PM »
Honestly the guy is classless.  5 years later and he is still talking about his predecessors roster.  BTW, the same roster that he lead YSU to a NC game that was loaded with running backs and capable QBs.  A Defensive End that was drafted and fairly deep OL and capable LBs. ZERO need for him to bring up at this point.

If you ask me, the current staff cant coach or recruit.  Its clear he needs Carl to remain relevant and to recruit!  Also, 4 days ago Crenshaw was on campus and had a pic with JT and Pelini on his Twitter account.  WHO DO YOU THINK CLOSED THE DEAL?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 05:56:34 PM »
I think 1990 does make a valid point though. I think our line is not completely to blame. You have to look at our TB's as well. In conference, we averaged 8-points less per game. Take out the WIU game and we averaged over 13-pioints less in conference play. Ignoring the WIU blowout, we only had 6 rushing TDs in conference play. Only 1 of those was scored by a TB ...3 running TDs from Mays and 2 from Waid.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 06:01:14 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2019, 06:10:07 PM »
The game is won in the trenches and our O-Line play has been brutal. Plain and simple.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 08:40:28 AM »
The game is won in the trenches and our O-Line play has been brutal. Plain and simple.
Agreed.  We push around the non-conference guys but not the MVFC.  HOWEVER insulting the players doesn't serve much purpose, and I think there is some talent coming back.  My point about Matt Jones and mostly young kids controlling the line all day against a highly rated ISU team in game 12 is accurate and valid.  With Forest and maybe a transfer, we should be MUCH improved in 2020.  Saying nobody can play at all is, IMO unfair and inaccurate.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 12:26:56 PM »
Just dont lose to Akron to start the 2020 season.   That will be embarrassing.   Zips aweful.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2019, 08:34:10 AM »
OK...back to the original question...any changes?  The only thing I saw was a pic of Bo and Tressel with Crenshaw from Pickerington...didn't see any of those types of posts before.  Although I am not convinced he is all in still. We will find out in February I guess if pulls the trigger on any coaches.   

THE DRIVE FOR 5