Author Topic: Tressel  (Read 10657 times)

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Tressel
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 09:07:29 AM »
This is a fantasy land thread that had to have originated from a bar conversation over Tressel tortellini at the MVR.  If Tressel becomes President at OSU Ill turn in my three OSU diplomas.  I dont believe a university president has to have a Ph.D in this day and age but the fact that Tressel was fired from OSU for NCAA violations will disqualify him. The handling of the recent sexual assault case would raise eyebrows especially at OSU. Besides , why would he even want that job. He is the Teflon King here and its a snake pit in Columbus.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 10:39:48 AM »
This is a fantasy land thread that had to have originated from a bar conversation over Tressel tortellini at the MVR.  If Tressel becomes President at OSU Ill turn in my three OSU diplomas.  I dont believe a university president has to have a Ph.D in this day and age but the fact that Tressel was fired from OSU for NCAA violations will disqualify him. The handling of the recent sexual assault case would raise eyebrows especially at OSU. Besides , why would he even want that job. He is the Teflon King here and its a snake pit in Columbus.
Actually heard it from a buckeye fan out of Columbus.  I know it's a technicality, but Tressel resigned at OSU, not fired.  Two reasons to go.  1. Money, 2 better place to run for Governor/Senator
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 11:32:33 AM »
  Tressel has no shot to be considered at OSU President.   Right or wrong, his resignation as football coach will end any speculation.   As for his resigning, he would have been fired had he not resigned.

No question he has done a great job as YSU President.  But he has not held his Athletic Director accountable.   His loyalty to Ron Strollo is a weakness.  Tressel knows the football program is complete disarray, men's basketball has been a disaster forever.   

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 06:06:36 PM »
JT just signed an extension to keep him at YSU through June 2021.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 06:10:52 PM »

I guess that puts that rumor to rest, great news for YSU
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 09:38:42 AM »

I guess that puts that rumor to rest, great news for YSU
Realisticaly the tennis coaching mess put whatever chance JT had at going back to OSU to rest a couple weeks ago.  Clear now, he will retire from YSU.