Poll

Should Coach Bo Pelini be fired or ask to resign?

Yes
5 (33.3%)
No
6 (40%)
Fire Bo and AD Strollo
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 02, 2019, 05:41:20 PM

Author Topic: Should Coach Pelini be fired or resign  (Read 19513 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Should Coach Pelini be fired or resign
« on: November 23, 2019, 05:41:20 PM »
Comment on who we should hire.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Should Coach Pelini be fired or resign
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 06:03:32 PM »
Neither is going to happen.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 06:24:44 PM »
It starts at the top. Strollo and Bo need to be let go.  Bringing in new assistant coaches isn’t enough. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 08:10:12 PM »
Four things that will NEVER happen, but should.

Bo gets fired
Bo resigns
Strollo resigns or gets fired
Mark Brungard for YSU head coach (lol go ahead and light me up)

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 08:26:00 PM »
And just to add fuel to the fire...per Mays presser.  The fact that (paraphrasing) “guys weren’t afraid to make mistakes” and guys that are “done after this year left it all on the field today” further substantiates the fact that our coaching staff is incredibly poor.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 07:54:24 AM »
And just to add fuel to the fire...per Mays presser.  The fact that (paraphrasing) “guys weren’t afraid to make mistakes” and guys that are “done after this year left it all on the field today” further substantiates the fact that our coaching staff is incredibly poor.

Agreed!  Paralysis through analysis...no player wanted to make a mistake and get berated on the sidelines in front of family and teammates.  Sad. Can't play any sport like that let alone football.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 08:29:14 AM »
I want to know what the big changes are going to be.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 09:22:20 AM »
I know nothing is going to be done.  What bothers me the most is I almost think that they don’t care about the average fan in the seats.  I know the loges are full and what do they get per loge.  Someone made a comment that the fair weather fans missed a good game yesterday.  Well they even chased away a lot of the die hard fans too.   

A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 10:39:56 AM »
I still love the hypocrisy of saying "what a great hire by Tressel", then fire coach P and Strollo. Strollo is the reason you have a successful bowling team. The reason you have a new practice field and a new Tennis Center on the way. New swinning & diving team with Woman's LaCrosse. Yes Strollo did hire Bo, but it was not a one or two man decision and you would have called for Strollo's head had he not hired Bo and you found out about it. He takes the brunt of people's crap all the time yet continues to make our school something to be proud of. Far more than any other single person on campus including OSU president Tressel.

As to Bo, Strollo cannot remove him at this point and we all know it and if it did nhappen it would not be a one-man decision. We do not have the resources, nor would it be fair without cause.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:10:15 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 11:14:37 AM »
You have a new tennis center because Tressel got the funds to complete the press box and countless other donations.  You cant possibly convince me that Strollo is capable of raising $$$ to make a difference?  However, with the new press box you get an incompetent defensive coordinator.  BTW there are only 34 Division I bowling teams.  Therefore, much easier to compete and be successful.   

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
You have a new tennis center because Tressel got the funds to complete the press box and countless other donations.  You cant possibly convince me that Strollo is capable of raising $$$ to make a difference?  However, with the new press box you get an incompetent defensive coordinator.  BTW there are only 34 Division I bowling teams.  Therefore, much easier to compete and be successful.   

...and you cannot possibly convince me that the future of this campus and the direction of our athletic programs were not "written in stone" long before Tressel came back. Thus the reason he was hired. Bo hires his own staff, as has every coach in YSU football history. Press box has nothing to do with it.  You forget that Carl Pelini is up in that press box & Bo could have have named him DC on paper. Bo should have removed enough dead wood to keep the best OC we ever had, you know the guy who is on his way to an FCS final game match-up with North Dakota State and should be leading YSU's offense there instead.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:44:58 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 11:41:46 AM »
At the end of the day results matter.  The YSU Ath Dept is a FRAUD.  If successful any # of MAC schools would have hired Strollo away.   

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 12:18:23 PM »
Strollo is a puppet. JT is the reason these big donors are ponying up to build up the campus.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2019, 12:43:12 PM »
Strollo is a puppet. JT is the reason these big donors are ponying up to build up the campus.

Every athletic director in the entire nation, at all levels, is the same thing. Who was a bigger fraud as AD that Tressel? He just agreed to do the scheduling for a $10k annual stipend. The difference is Strollo knows how to "SPEND" the money in ways that improve our university. Results are what makes him a good AD.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:44:26 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2019, 07:06:50 PM »
The football team with Strollo as AD has made the playoffs twice  06 and 2016.  2 Conference Championships we we were a co-champ in 05 and won the conference outright in 2006.  Since then we have stunk other than 2016.

Mens basketball has had 17 losing seasons since AD Strollo took over in 01.  We had what 2 years above .500.  People in the seats are at an all-time low in both sports.  Fan interest is low.  I can go on and on. 

We need to be in leagues that we can compete in.  Things will never change till we evaluated the athletic department. Then we need to evaluate what league we truly need to compete in that we can sustain it financially to put all our programs in a position to compete.. 

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:43:45 AM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!