Poll

Should Coach Bo Pelini be fired or ask to resign?

Yes
5 (33.3%)
No
6 (40%)
Fire Bo and AD Strollo
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 02, 2019, 05:41:20 PM

Author Topic: Should Coach Pelini be fired or resign  (Read 19550 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Should Coach Pelini be fired or resign
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2019, 10:28:49 AM »
It was a great win, but I am not going to hang my off-season on it & think that we have all the answers on this squad. If our defense at 110% (and the ILS offense at 100%) would have given up 400+ yards passing by Q3 & then their back-up TBs would have then ran all over us when we tried to adjust, Just as it has been for the past 6-weeks. Their lines were bigger and faster than ours, just as it has been for the last 6-games. We blitzed every play against a scared young QB who could not offer his team any direction, when experience QB's throw for 50+ yard TDs with the same Pelini pressure. ILS was 0-12 in 3rd-downs, clearly we had 100%up front defense.

Our first drive was the only respectable drive we had., because we went wildcat on them. The second drive was 10 plays for 29-yards & a field goal. We build up a decent head of steam with CHapman (3) and then we pull him?

We need bigger and faster lines, bigger fast TB's, a defense that can tackle, corners that see the it, once the ball is snapped. All of this with some additional depth by April.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 06:50:21 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2019, 10:58:17 AM »
only 2 wins in conference play.  that is all you need to know.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2019, 01:19:43 PM »
And we will lose our 2 starting DE next season

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2019, 05:06:47 PM »
I dont think Bo is the best coach,  but who are we going to get if he's fired? I think you need to give Bo the resources he needs so that there are no excuses. Then if he is fired for performance you can secure a coach that sees the resource efforts placed in football. If you fire him now, without a good faith effort to provide the salaries for assistants, then you won't get a good replacement HC or assistants.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 06:29:59 PM by penguinpower »

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2019, 11:12:40 PM »
It was a great win, but I am not going to hang my off-season on it & think that we have all the answers on this squad. Our defense at 110% (and the ILS offense at 100%) would have given up 400+ yards passing by Q3 & then their back-up TBs would have then ran all over us when we tried to adjust, Just as it has been for the past 6-weeks. Their lines were bigger and faster than ours, just as it has been for the last 6-games. We blitzed every play against a scared young QB who could not offer his team any direction, when experience QB's throw for 50+ yard TDs with the same Pelini pressure. ILS was 0-12 in 3rd-downs, clearly we had 100%up front defense.

Our first drive was the only respectable drive we had., because we went wildcat on them. The second drive was 10 plays for 29-yards & a field goal. We build up a decent head of steam with CHapman (3) and then we pull him?

We need bigger and faster lines, bigger fast TB's, a defense that can tackle, corners that see the it, once the ball is snapped. All of this with some additional depth by April.
We  won't ever know for sure  if they were at 100%--I remember back in 2013 UNI had knocked off Iowas State yet they couldn't beat ILS but YSU beat ILS 59-21--you could be right about them  @ 100% but  the team with better players is never a guaranteed win and I still believe ILS wasn't gonna win this one better or not---bottom line we won and we will never know about "if's."

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2019, 06:52:09 AM »
Sorry David, I meant to say "If" our defense was at 110% and ILS was at 100% we would have given up all of those yards and points.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:38:19 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 10:09:28 AM »
And we will lose our 2 starting DE next season
Is Justus quitting?  He has a year left if he wants it.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 12:19:56 PM »
Justus could benefit from another year, but I am not sure it will improve his recognition factor at the next level. Certainly would not hurt though. I do not see him being drafted.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 06:19:54 PM »
Haven't heard if Justus is coming back but they are definitely trying to get an extra year for Malik. It's in the works

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2019, 09:35:03 AM »
Haven't heard if Justus is coming back but they are definitely trying to get an extra year for Malik. It's in the works
We could certainly use both Reed and Richmond.  Malik has been, to my knowledge, a model citizen at YSU, and would love to see him get another year.  Reed is the best pass rushing DE I’ve ever seen at YSU and that obviously includes Rivers and Moss and I, for one, am counting on him working to get his draft position improved in 2020.  It would be HUGE if he stayed.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!