Author Topic: MBB at number 5 Louisville  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
MBB at number 5 Louisville
« on: November 10, 2019, 03:03:07 PM »
Down only 38-31 at half.
Downed big early, but fought back hard. The team is really athletic.
Still could not shoot FT, otherwise, the score would be a lot closer. Game is on ACC network and FS1 (Spectrum ch. 31).

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB at number 5 Louisville
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 05:18:40 PM »
Going to hurt us if we cannot make free throws or hit a 3. Right now we cannot.  Unless we break out of a slump in both categories going to be a 500 team at best

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 12:40:25 AM »
Hung in there for a half. Louisville is a damn good team.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 03:56:43 PM »
Is it possible that this Louisville team could have been one of the best teams YSU has ever played?  I know YSU played an undefeated Purdue 4 years ago when they were ranked 12th. 

To go on a 10-0 run to end the half and be down only 7 was impressive.  If you had said before the game you'd hold them to 78 points, out-rebound them by 8, beat them 25-4 on 2nd chance points, and turn the ball over 11 times, I think you'd be really happy with that and feel like you'd give yourself a chance. 

It always seems like it's hard to shoot the ball well against top D1 teams.  Though after 2 games our 3PT % and FT % is concerning at 21.4 and 52.6 respectively.  Hopefully we can get Simmons going...he hasn't been a factor the 1st 2 games.  Hard to read into much when your first game is against a D3 and your 2nd game is against the #5 team in the country.  We'll get a better look the next few games.   

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 05:42:31 PM »
I doubt that we will not face a team that starts out 12 for 12 from the field.  Don't think Louisville will replicate that again this season.   Had to hit 3s and make foul shots against the 4th ranked team at their place.

I still like this group and it's going to be a good season.  "one day your sipping the wine and the next day your stomping the grapes".